This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Predictions:
    NFL: The Lions will finally end their 10 year slump by going 12-4 and making the playoffs for the first time in a long time. In a bizarre experience, they will lose their first round bye game and get bounced from the playoffs (How can they lose when they don't play you ask, this is the Lions we're talking about here).
    NCAA Football: The Michigan Wolverines will shake their funk and go undefeated but will end up playing in the Rose Bowl due to the usual BCS bias against the Big 10.
    MLB: The Cubs will meet the Mariners in the World Series. The series will go to 7 games and the 7th game will be an exciting barn burner that goes into so many extra innings that the game will be called and for the first time ever...noone will win the World Series (If you asked me a few years ago, I would have said the Red Sox for the AL team....but that ship has sailed now that they've shaken the Bambino curse).
    NHL: The Chicago Blackhawks will face the Maple Laffs in the Stanley Cup....bah, I already use this joke above...
    The World Cup: The US Sports Media will be brimming with coverage of this one.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      ...the usual BCS bias against the Big 10.
      You're kidding me, right? Bias against the Big 10? Is that why Ohio State kept getting ranked far higher than they deserved, and put into bowl games where they got killed by superior competition? And was it this alleged bias that caused the Big 10, until this year, to annually get slaughtered in bowl games, BCS or otherwise?

Bias against the Big 10. Something tells me people in Boise State are laughing their fool heads off about THAT one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

The Rachael Ray bashing at the beginning of this thread reminded me of a picture I once found of Rachael Ray's face morphing into the Joker. I couldn't find that exact picture, but here are a few others. Enjoy!

The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          You're kidding me, right? Bias against the Big 10? Is that why Ohio State kept getting ranked far higher than they deserved, and put into bowl games where they got killed by superior competition? And was it this alleged bias that caused the Big 10, until this year, to annually get slaughtered in bowl games, BCS or otherwise?

Bias against the Big 10. Something tells me people in Boise State are laughing their fool heads off about THAT one.
          Ohio State is made to win the Big Ten, and that's about it. At least they managed not to lose the Rose Bowl.

Next year it will be Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl, and that's not a ridiculous prediction. The ridiculous prediction is that (snicker snicker snerk) Minnesota will get to the Rose Bowl.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I will start drinking coffee, snacking on olives, sleeping with men, and baking desserts. Hey, if we're gonna get ridiculous, let's go all out!

Don't laugh... in 2009 my now ex fiance came out of the closet publicly on myspace 2 weeks after we broke up... with one of our ex roommates.. Yes, that's how I found out.

And seeing as last year made no sense to me, the only prediction I have for this year is:

I will move to Florida, where all of my CS friends will group together and make St. Pete a safe haven where no sucky customers are allowed.

Comment

I predict:

-- Mr. Rum grow a back bone and tell off his entire family.

-- Mr. Rum will start his own cleaning project in our house that doesn't require me holding his hand.

-- I will be my friend Hal's love slave.

-- Corey Haim will move into my neighborhood and we will start a torrid affair.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post

Lupo becomes the pope (popette?) of a new religion worshipping all that is Lupo. This does not however, involve tentacles invading the Earth (I've watched Beast With A Billion Backs too many times. Forgive me Lupo!) This religion does spread the world, and encourages people to show tolerance and peace towards all!
                Why would Lupo become the pope of a religion that worships HER?!

Bow before Lupo!

Comment

in 2010 - Gravekeeper will snap and turn pirate, wearing a pink camo raincoat and eyepatch, he'll take control of the menacing black skytrain he has mentioned and declare war on Nunavut.

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
                    in 2010 - Gravekeeper will snap and turn pirate, wearing a pink camo raincoat and eyepatch, he'll take control of the menacing black skytrain he has mentioned and declare war on Nunavut.
                    Broomjockey will be kind enough to film the aforementioned escapades and post it all on a website, which will get tons of donations for such an adventure and make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

i'll gladly pay to see that!

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                        Don't laugh... in 2009 my now ex fiance came out of the closet publicly on myspace 2 weeks after we broke up...
                        I am not saying guys who were formerly only heterosexual don't start sleeping with men.

I'm saying that THIS guy doesn't sleep with men.

As I tell people often, "Right island. WRONG DUDE."

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                        I will move to Florida, where all of my CS friends will group together and make St. Pete a safe haven where no sucky customers are allowed.
                        Good luck with that. SC's are everywhere.

Actually, St. Pete is a safe haven for those seventy and over. "God's Waiting Room" is the most common nickname I've heard for that town.

Which is pretty much how I ended up hanging out in Clearwater Beach rather than in St. Pete.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
                          Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                          Broomjockey will be kind enough to film the aforementioned escapades and post it all on a website, which will get tons of donations for such an adventure and make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.
                          Sweet when do we begin the donations. I'd pay almost anything to see that!

Ok not anything, but I'd pay a lot!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            I will start drinking coffee, snacking on olives, sleeping with men, and baking desserts. Hey, if we're gonna get ridiculous, let's go all out!
                            Sorry to commit threadromancy, but I have to know... how has that prediction turned out
                            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                            X