This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it??

So I was helping Lady go through some stuff she had in a cabinet and came across something weird. I can't figure out what it is. I know what the label says and that it has a USB port on one end but other than that....

"Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

It appears to be a USB to AC adapter. That would be my best guess. I just posted a thread about the new MP3 player I got from my wife for Christmas. I have to use a USB port on the computer to charge it and refresh the media. So, I can't plug it directly into an outlet without a special adapter to charge the battery.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

It is PART of an USB power adapter. Looks like it works with a "universal" AC/DC adapter. The AC/DC adapter would have the classic "block" that plugs into the outlet. The cord will end in a socket that this item would plug into. You can get multiple "adapters" to allow you to use it with different devices. Radio Shack had them.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

i have a universal power cord for laptops and the prongs look exactly like that for the different ends.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Thanks everyone I am way less confused now.
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
          X