This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I promise I'm still alive

That's right, I'm still alive. I've just been extremely busy, and going through a lot of changes in my life. October 23rd, my oldest sister passed away after a very long battle with a genetic disease that should have killed her by the age of five. Her 37th birthday would have been December 23rd.

Less than two weeks later, my fiance and I broke up and he moved out. Since then it's been one thing after another after another. Long story short, I'm out of a job now, and will be moving to St. Petersburg, Florida by the end of the month. I will be purchasing a car this week (thanks to the gods of student loans remembering I'm still in school), and as soon as I get my taxes will be heading south.

Also, during my long absence, my ex-company (no this isn't why i'm out of a job) found one of my posts here and called me into HR. So that's one of the reason's I've been very careful about coming here. No, I didn't post while I was on company time or anything like that, but they were not happy. Ah well, I'm not with them anymore, and it's their loss.

So, all you Floridians. Watch out because I'm on my way =D Anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete area, after I get settled in I'd love to meet up

Wow, what a way to end your year! I'm very sorry to hear about your sister and your fiance. I hope things start to pick up for you once you get settled in Florida.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles - but you're moving to a place with LOTS of sunshine. Good luck on the move, and keep us posted!
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Good to see you'll be coming to (almost) my neck of the woods. Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater is a lovely area, and I think you'll enjoy it. If you get to Clearwater Beach, check out Shepard's, one of the truly awesomest bars I've ever been to.

I do hope you have a job or some sort of income lined up, as Florida is not exactly doing great with the recession. Down here in Key West we are somewhat recession proof, but that does not seem to extend to the rest of the state.

So, I have to ask....why Florida? Why St. Pete? Just wondering.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

So, have you given up trying to get your son back?
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Jester - St. Pete because I've got friends down there and I'm tired of the cold and so much other stuff up here. Still working on getting a job lined up but as I said, I've got friends helping me out and I'm going down there with some money saved up to keep me in case I don't have one lined up by the time I leave.

Ree - I haven't "given up" per se. I made the decision that it's been nearly two years, and I cannot give him the life he deserves. I'm struggling to take care of myself, I wouldn't be able to take care of both of us. Right now he's in a place where he's loved and well taken care of with everything he'll ever need and then some. I will however, try to be a part of his life.
            Last edited by SengaKitty; 01-07-2010, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Good luck with everything. Hope it all works out well.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wait....if your EX-company found something your wrote here, then unless it was libelous, or you had some sort of NDA with them upon leaving, then on what grounds to they justify calling you into HR?! I'd have told them to go piss up a rope!
                "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Dave, I think they called her in to HR when she was still working there. Just a guess.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Dave, the called me into HR while I was still working there... This was a month or so ago, I've only just lost the job this week..

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay.
                      Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 01-07-2010, 04:07 AM. Reason: fixing
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and fiance. Hey, you're a few (4) hours away from my neck of the woods!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                          Dave, the called me into HR while I was still working there... This was a month or so ago, I've only just lost the job this week..
                          Gotcha.....that sucks.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Tropicgoddess - May have to have a meet up =D

Dave - Thank you, i'm not too worried about it though... It just opens the door for me to move to Florida, and looking outside right now, I wish i were already there! Stupid snow >.<

Comment

Just a quick update: The car is bought, insurance and tags are in the works (just gotta go do it lol), and I got an email back from a place I submitted my resume, with two possible job opportunities, one making 13/hr and the other making 14/hr. According to one of my friends down there, that's really good pay in St. Pete, so yay!

Comment

Working...
                              X