This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our cat loves roast beast!

So, I made this recipe a couple nights ago for dinner: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...st/Detail.aspx

It turned out great. My husband and I really liked it, but even more than us, our cat Ash loved it! The night that we had it for dinner, he kept climbing up on the table trying to take pieces of the beef off our plates. We gave him several little bites and he devoured them.

Today, I got out some of the leftovers and made a sandwich for my husband for lunch. Ash sat at my feet very patiently while I sliced the meat and I gave him a couple little pieces. I also threw away some fatty scraps that I cut off the meat. Later on, I found Ash digging through the garbage trying to get to the scraps! He actually did get at least one piece as I caught him chowing down in the middle of the kitchen! We've had to chase him away from the garbage can several times today!

I've never known a cat that likes beef that much. My cat likes turkey and chicken and my husband's other cat likes fish. Ash will eat turkey/chicken/fish but he's never been as crazy about them as the other cats have been. Guess we know his craving now!

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
    Guess we know his craving now!
    Clearly, it's onion soup mix.

I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
      Clearly, it's onion soup mix.

This is quite amusing because my husband hates onions. He will tolerate them in small amounts for my sake but he would be quite disappointed in his cat (Ash is HIS cat, ever since my husband was 16 or so) if his cat craved onions!

Comment

OMG I've had that EXACT recipe and it's AWESOME!!!!!!

Damnit, now I'm hungry again.....
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

That looks really good. I'll have to try it.
          My old cat Mittens would go crazy for pizza. Of my current cats, Molly doesn't care about anything, Fiona loves baked or boiled chicken, and Mickey begs for popcorn.

Comment

it does look good.

Our two will go for tuna, any meat bar pork and for some strange reason, Oscar will play with potatoes.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

When I still had Kitty, it didn't matter what kind of meat it was. If he could smell it, he wanted it. But, he'd go freaking *nuts* if Grandma was in the kitchen...and making chicken for dinner. He'd be outside, and literally climbing the screen door
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                When I still had Kitty, it didn't matter what kind of meat it was. If he could smell it, he wanted it. But, he'd go freaking *nuts* if Grandma was in the kitchen...and making chicken for dinner. He'd be outside, and literally climbing the screen door
                Our two will climb the screen doors regardless of whether mum's cooking dinner or not. They seem to do it whenever someone comes in via the back door.m
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Meanie-Butt loves meat of any kind,cheese,butter, and the Christmas tree cake filling.

Fuzzy-Butt loves anything I eat, but he steals my Hot Cheetos out of the bag.
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Mine have all different tastes (some of them wierd)

Ping - loves chicken, best of all if it has some teryaki flavoring on it.
                    Spartacus - loves ham, and hardboiled egg yolks (just the yolk)
                    Zora - likes any meat, hardboiled egg whites (see, it works out) and raw potato peels.
                    Emma - will only eat dry kitty kibbles, no canned food or people food just dry kibbles.
                    Velcro - is the garbage hound. She will eat anything that won't eat her first, even vegetables. She is climbing in the garbage can everytime we turn around. Her absolute favorite..... rice soup.

Comment

Riley used to LOVE water chestnuts from Chinese food....which is good, because I'm not a huge fan.

Both cats go crazy when they hear me open a can (with a manual opener, lol) and I have to tell them, its not meat, kitties, its tofu, you won't like it.

Funniest food was not what a cat liked, but out old dog LOVED dried papaya!
                      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                        Both cats go crazy when they hear me open a can (with a manual opener, lol) and I have to tell them, its not meat, kitties, its tofu, you won't like it.
                        Both of our cats are rather fond of tuna, and I usually will give them the juice and a little bit of meat if I open a can, so they now associate the electric can opener with tuna. They get QUITE offended when I open something else using the can opener. Usually if I open a can of something non-tuna, Ash will attempt to climb up my leg (good thing he doesn't have claws) until I bend down and let him sniff the can. Then he gives me this offended look that says, "What the heck, woman!? That's not tuna!"

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                          Riley used to LOVE water chestnuts from Chinese food....which is good, because I'm not a huge fan.

Funniest food was not what a cat liked, but out old dog LOVED dried papaya!
                          I guess to the kitties hearing the can open = chow time! My neighbors old dog used to love mangoes and whenever they would fall from the tree that overlapped the other neighbors yard, we all had to snag the mangoes that fell. Or the dog would end up eating so many mangoes and having the runs from it.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My dog (who lives with my parents) loves meat, cheese, gravy, milk, and most people food except bread. My folks got a Christmas ham (for endless sandwiches!), and any time we got it out, there was the dog! He knows that all the ham trimmings and fat are his.
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                            X