This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another baking adventure: homemade cinnamon rolls

I've been going crazy with the baking so I'm not tempted to buy mall treats. I have cinnamon rolls in a large-cup muffin pan in the fridge ready for me to bake tomorrow. I filled them with brown sugar and cinnamon, and used real butter in the dough. I will ice them with cream cheese frosting (canned, though, for convenience). Hopefully they will assuage the Cinnabon craving I've been resisting for a week.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    I have cinnamon rolls in a large-cup muffin pan in the fridge ready for me to bake tomorrow.
    After checking flights etc, I think there may be a small chance of me arriving before they've all been eaten

</wishful thinking>
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Sounds delicious! I meant to make cinnamon rolls last week while my husband was off work but never got around to it...we had pancakes instead...maybe I'll make some tonight for us to have for breakfast tomorrow.

Comment

What should I do with the other half of the dough? It's a slightly-sweet yeast dough with egg. Maybe burger buns?
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, dinner or hamburger rolls would probably be good. You could also make them all into cinnamon rolls, divide the batch in half if you have two pans (in other words, put half the rolls in one pan and the other half in another pan) and save the second pan to bake in a few days. I've heard that most cinnamon roll dough also freezes well so if you didn't want more cinnamon rolls in a few days, you could freeze them and have them in a couple weeks. I think the most common method of baking the frozen rolls is to stick them in the fridge the night before you want to eat them so they start to thaw, and then just bake them as normal the next morning.

Comment

I remember making cinnamon rolls in Home Ec in middle school. We rolled the dough out, put cinnamon and sugor on, and rolled it up, then used a string to cut it into slices without crushing it. They were yummy.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X