This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW!!

I get that the weather isn't breaking news anymore.

~However~

The forecast actually says "snow" for tonight! And I'm in central Florida! I can't verbalize how freaking excited I am!!!
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

I'm excited for you, worried about my uncle, who can't afford his electric. He's without heat.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I can't verbalize how freaking sick of snow I am already.

Another morning spent clearing a nipple-deep, rock-hard wall of snow away from the emergency exits because the plows just left it there. I shouldn't have to break my back before I can even start my list for the day.

Oh, and as I was trying to do this, some guy in a front-end loader with a snowplow attached decided that would a good time to come by and grade down the snowy asphalt so the surface was level to drive on. So I pretty much had to throw myself in the snowbank so I wouldn't get hit with the plow as he passed.

They oughta just give me some cherry bombs and get the hell out of my way.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We had snow last night/this morning. And a bit in the early afternoon. Nothing major, though. My parking lot wasn't plowed in any way, shape or form when I left for work, but once I was on the road it was just wet (not that you'd know that from the way people drive when they see so much as a snowflake. The person in front of me turning onto the highway craaaawwwled out from the light...you'd have thought there were several inches on the road ).
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm starting to get sick with the thought of how high produce prices are going to be.

Comment

If you like snow then come to Colorado. We have plenty of that.

Comment

Quoth Sunsetsky View Post
              If you like snow then come to Colorado. We have plenty of that.
              Bah, with the wind up like it has been all your snow blew through here last night.
              Meeeeoooow.....
              Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

It's sleeting! I now know what sleet is!

(I've lived in Florida for 20 years...winter weather is a bit of a phenomenon here lol)
                Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Snow = Giant pain in the arse. -.- Maybe not so bad if you're in a country that DOESN'T automatically grind to a halt when it snows, but over here in England it's a flipping pain. I can't get into work. Nothing is working; there's no buses, no trains. Taxis won't come to my village while it's imitating Canada. I am seriously fed up.

My parents are stuck in London, so I'm staying at their house at the moment so I can feed the cat. Plus here I can crank the heating up which I can't back at my flat.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

I wish the snow would just GO AWAY. We haven't gotten much of it this year (2 inches MAX before Thursday morning!) But now it's been snowing non stop since Thursday... Grrr... And me planning to move to Florida to escape it? Yeah I don't want to hear there's snow THERE too!

Comment

The snow is...eh. I can take it or leave it. I'm just ready to temps in double digits.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

England's response to snow:

Seriously; it's annoying that they won't even get the snow ploughs and gritters out til about six inches have fallen and by then the bloody lorries can't even get thru.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Must admit, the local councils always seem supremely surprised by the arrival of winter and the likelihood of snow.

Like one of our suppliers who never seems to realise that their chocolate items (coins etc) are going to sell in far greater quantities come easter.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                            And me planning to move to Florida to escape it? Yeah I don't want to hear there's snow THERE too!
                            Don't worry too much about it. The few times it does snow in Florida, the snow disappears faster than cocaine at a Lindsay Lohan party.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              the snow disappears faster than cocaine at a Lindsay Lohan party.
                              And now I remember why rule #1 is in place... thank god i'd rather choke on coffee than get it on my computer! And thank goodness I've still got a few weeks til my journey! Hopefully by then there will be no snow remaining in Florida

Comment

Working...
                              X