This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Must admit, the local councils always seem supremely surprised by the arrival of winter and the likelihood of snow.
    Truth. My local council managed to grit the area around their offices, but anywhere else? Like hell they did.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Good to see that I'm not the only one that notices that the Farmer's Almanac was dead on.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...81573#34781573

Tons of snow for February, warm and wet April, and an extremely hot July.

Duly noted!
      Last edited by ditchdj; 01-09-2010, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
        And now I remember why rule #1 is in place... thank god i'd rather choke on coffee than get it on my computer! And thank goodness I've still got a few weeks til my journey! Hopefully by then there will be no snow remaining in Florida
        1. I have told you people before how to avoid rule 1 violations. Eat and/or drink, then swallow, THEN read. Do not attempt to combine the reading of this site with ingestion of sustenance. Much like Pauley Shore movies, no good can come of it.

2. Weeks? Weeks? I am not normally a betting man (except when it comes to football and/or drinking), but the odds of there snow still being on the ground in a few DAYS in Florida are smaller than Andy Dick being named in a paternity suit.

3. That is snow on the ground. But this being Florida, there will always be snow here. It's just the kind that goes up, not down.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

It's being reported that it DID snow in Orlando last night and it COULD snow in Palm Beach / Broward county tonight.

Conditions are right for it now - very cold, and very light precipitation.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

It is currently 52F in Key West, with winds blowing cold off the Atlantic at 19 mph. Supposed to drop to 48 or so tonight.

This is not gloating. This is showing that it IS freakin' cold out. When Key West gets THOSE temps, it is cold! And of course, we have to listen to the tourists bitch. Typical conversation goes something like this:

THEM: "It's cold!"
            US: "It happens."
            THEM: "But it's not supposed to be cold! It's Key West!"
            US: "Even we get something of a winter. It's not long, it's not common, but it does happen."
            THEM: "But it's supposed to be perfect. It's Key West!"
            US: "But it's warmer than you're from, right?"
            THEM: "Well, yes, but that's not the point. We were expecting great weather!"

And the part we don't say, but think: "Listen, douchebag. This is the fucking tropics. One defining characteristic of which is unpredictable weather, including it sometimes being less than ideal or less than warm. If you don't want it to be cold when you come here, don't come here in December or January. Because odds are decent that it might be. Come back in September, when it will be nice and warm....and hurricanes may send you home early."

I should point out that the people that bitch about it being cold this time of year are the same ones that bitch about it being too hot at other times of year and/or too rainy when it's rainy. And that last one is what makes me really laugh. What, you were expecting not a cloud in the sky? In the tropics?

Idiots. Fucking idiots.

As I said, not gloating. Y'all get the idiots who can't drive in the snow. We get the idiots who can't understand reality or plan their vacations better, and bitch about things we can't possibly control.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm with Irv. Early December, over a foot of snow in a 2 day freakstorm blizzard, an ice storm for Christmas followed by several days of snow, then a mini snow storm this week (about 3-4 inches total) followed the next day by a deep freeze..last night, windchills were nearly -30.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Man, I've been hearing about Central Florida snowing/sleeting...I wanna see some snow (I've never seen nor been in snow in real life...EVER)!
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                  Man, I've been hearing about Central Florida snowing/sleeting...I wanna see some snow (I've never seen nor been in snow in real life...EVER)!
                  It snowed in Orlando and Naples last night.

I was just out walking Kiri - it's damn cold out, it's about 36 now.
                  Quote Dalesys:

Comment

It's official, it snowed in Kendall (Miami), Oakland Park (Ft Lauderdale), and Boynton Beach yesterday.

The dog water bowl (outside) has a very thin layer of ice on it.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      *sends all snow here to you*
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

I have to say this...

So....hows that global warming?
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                          I have to say this...

So....hows that global warming?
                          I suppose you know, but global warming is a statistical thing, it means that the trend is that the global average temperature goes up, it doesn't mean that we never will get cold weather again, the average temperature may even go down a year or a decade without the global warming being called off.
                          I could use a bit of local warming, though .

Comment

Working...
                          X