Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We went to see Avatar in iMAX last night (no spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We went to see Avatar in iMAX last night (no spoilers)

Even though I had to buy my tickets a week in advance it was well worth it. This was our second time seeing it in the theatre, the first time was in a regular theatre w/ 3D.

iMAX is far better. Very high definition (even for a huge screen) and the sound just knocks you out of your seat. Some of the scenes you think you're going to fall out of your chair (like in Star Trek when he drives the car over the cliff).

The only disadvantage, and I don't know if this is all iMAX or just ours, the screen is so big that you have to move your head to see it all in 3D (if something is off to the side etc.). In the regular theatre you didn't have to do that but in iMAX you did - the area outside your direct line of sight though the center of the glasses gets blurry at times.

The movie - it's great, but I think we've already had a thread on that.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I'm thinking of hitting it in IMAX, too.

But I know to sit in the back for that, to avoid the "having to look back and forth 'cause the screen is just so freaking huge."

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X