X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex is getting married

So..yeah.

I sorta stalked the fiancee's Facebook page (he blocked me back in August when I filed a lawsuit for the money he owes me, but she didn't reset her privacy settings after the latest updates and now I can see her wall) cuz I was curious about when they were getting married (I was talking to a former mutual coworker before Christmas, and she said she thought they might have already, but her relationship status was still "engaged"). Saw last week that it was today. Looked at it this morning and her latest status says "going to the chapel..."

I was more upset than I expected to be when I saw that. I knew he was engaged (found out through facebook before he blocked me), and I knew it was today, but to actually see that...kinda made my stomach drop. Not that I want him back or anything like that. (Roomie and I joked about opening some champagne and celebrating that it's not me marrying him. ) It's more of a "why am I the one still single when he's such a jerk?" No fair. <pout>
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Jerks get married all the time. It doesn't mean they are going to be happy in that marriage.

So go out. Have fun. Celebrate YOUR good fortune to be rid of the jerk. And don't pout that you are still single.

Things could be worse. You could be Octomom.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

It's always a little weird when exes get married. You might want to think if you're upset because of some unresolved feelings, the money, or whatever. At the end of the day though, take Jester's suggestion and go have fun. It doesn't matter what he does now that he's not in your life.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        It's always a little weird when exes get married. You might want to think if you're upset because of some unresolved feelings, the money, or whatever. At the end of the day though, take Jester's suggestion and go have fun. It doesn't matter what he does now that he's not in your life.
        It's more feeling sorry for myself than anything, I suppose.

The only thing I miss about the relationship is the dog (he died last January...can't believe it's been almost a year ).
        (We broke up over 4 years ago, for the record, but my parents and I took care of the dog for several extended periods, including the 7 months up until he had to be put to sleep.)

(My money back would be nice but at least I'm not hurting financially without it.)
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 01-10-2010, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Things could be worse. You could be Octomom.
          The Octomom is not intelligent enough to realize her life sucks. She's blissfully happy being a dumbass.

Comment

Ouch.

My ex called me out of the blue about a year ago. He'd found a new girl and was going to get married to her, but she wanted to do a Catholic wedding and he had to prove that I was Catholic. I'm not sure why, but I was nice and dug up my baptism and confirmation certificates for him. My mom actually had to get them, and she kept asking me why I was being so nice after all he had put me through.

Even having done that, and knowing he was having a shotgun marriage very quickly didn't help when I saw he actually got married. Hell, I'm the one that left and filed for divorce, and I was (still am) in a relationship that is much better than what I had with him... but it still hurt.

So, I know where you're coming from. My only suggestion is to pop the champagne and celebrate that he's gone and have fun.

Comment

Crash the wedding looking for your money.

No, no I'm not vindictive, why do you ask?

Comment

Wedding was yesterday.
                Her name is changed on FB.
                (I'm done stalking her page, btw.)

Gotta get my court papers together...when I get the judgment should I send the notification in a "congratulations" card?

Comment

I can relate BE - I cut all ties with my ex-fiance' back in April, and the only thing I've heard about him is that he's living with someone. And *that* hurt badly enough....I cant even imagine an engagement or wedding. Ugh.

If you ever wanna talk about it, PM me.

And I love the 'congratulations' idea on the court papers. Perhaps on a post-it?
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Wedding was yesterday.
                    Her name is changed on FB.
                    (I'm done stalking her page, btw.)

Gotta get my court papers together...when I get the judgment should I send the notification in a "congratulations" card?
                    Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    I can relate BE - I cut all ties with my ex-fiance' back in April, and the only thing I've heard about him is that he's living with someone. And *that* hurt badly enough....I cant even imagine an engagement or wedding. Ugh.

If you ever wanna talk about it, PM me.

And I love the 'congratulations' idea on the court papers. Perhaps on a post-it?

That and Congrats....You've been served!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                    X