This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my ears.....they BLEEEEEEED!

So yesterday I went to a self imposed double feature of Avatar and sherlock holmes. My friend hadn't seen either of them and I wanted to see both again.

Anywho we sit through both movies, and enjoy them imensely...then as we are leaving, I deciede that nature is calling (finishing 2 large drinks will do that to a person.) and go to the little used bathroom near the side exit of the building.

Except there is a line....and its full of girls that are JUST getting out of New Moon...

Yes I could of gone to another bathroom (the main one near the entrance) or just held it till I got home, but sadly I didn't feel like messing up my friend's car whom was driving...so I had to sit there and listen, and I couldn't even tune them out....behind me, infront of me...hell even those in the bathroom stalls were talking about it!!!!!
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

To quote my friend.

"Apparently, being a senile vegetarian vampire who sparkles and has a penchant for school girls is the thing to be this day. Who knew?"
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

There is a woman at work (not remotely close to her teenage years, either) who has two Twilight calendars in her cube. I think one of them is last year, but currently she has Robert Pattinson and the werewolf kid up (I assume December and January, respectively).
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oddly enough, the men's rooms are rarely full immediately after a Twilight movie ends...

I saw the line stretching across the county for the midnight show of New Moon as I was emerging from some movie or other. NOISY bunch. I would have hated to be in that cinema. I couldn't imagine that lot simmering down and behaving well in a movie en masse.

As I was heading for the door, I turned and shouted, "Robert Pattinson hates Edward Cullen!"

I don't think anyone heard me over the general chatter.

Love, Who?

Comment

Ehe, I have a thing for Dr. Cullen and Jasper myself... Yum! Edward is just...so...depressing.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I saw the thread title and just naturally assumed that this would be about the Counting Crows.

Twilight....haven't read the books, haven't seen the movies, don't really know much about it, don't really give a flying feral ferret fuck.

But I do have to ask....what is this sparkling thing? Should I even ask, or am I going to regret it?

For my vampire fix, I'll stick to "True Blood" and the sexy Ms. Paquin, thank you very much.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              But I do have to ask....what is this sparkling thing? Should I even ask, or am I going to regret it?
              Vampires won't die when they go in the sun- they just sparkle, which kind of gives them away as not being human.

Actually, the sparkly version came with the movie. In the books it was more dramatic- making them look as though they were fiery, glowing godlike beings.
              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
              HellGate: London

Comment

Edward Cullen--because every girl dreams of having a creepy, sparkly, abusive, stalking pedophile of her very own.
                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                  Vampires won't die when they go in the sun- they just sparkle, which kind of gives them away as not being human.

Actually, the sparkly version came with the movie. In the books it was more dramatic- making them look as though they were fiery, glowing godlike beings.
                  ....Yep... pretty much got that one. I actually thought the glowing godlike vampires were okay ((kinda silly when in comparison to real vampire lore... but okay)) Then the movie... had to make them sparkle like little fairies....

*pat pat Jester* Consider yourself one of the lucky few.... I wish now I had never read the books.
                  "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                  -Red

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    For my vampire fix, I'll stick to "True Blood" and the sexy Ms. Paquin, thank you very much.
                    I'll second that one!
                    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                    --StanFlouride

Comment

No love for Louis and Lestat anymore, eh?
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

sorry I loved "Forever Knight"....mmmmm nick can suck my........blood any day >.>
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

No love for Louis and Lestat anymore, eh?

I still have tons o' love for Louis, Lestat, Claudia,Armando,Akasha, and the rest.
                          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Or they could just be Miami club goers. Count me in as one of the people who never really got the whole body glitter thing.

As for Twilight, I have no problem with people having a different take on vampires. True Blood, for example, take liberties with the "accepted" vampire lore. But having them SPARKLE? That is just a great big pile of flaming poo.

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                            Consider yourself one of the lucky few.... I wish now I had never read the books.
                            Just like when people tell me I am lucky to live in Key West, I don't believe it's luck. It's be design. I like it here, so I live here. I think Twilight looks like lame teenage bullshit, so I avoid it. Luck has nothing to do with it...it's conscious decision-making.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                            X