This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Habits die hard

My parents finally came down & delivered my Christmas presents, one of which is a dining room table set. I just made a lovely dinner and proceeded to sit down in the living room in my chair to eat. LOL

Anyway, I made ravioli, mushroom ravioli with browned butter/sage, to be exact. Got the recipe out of Veg Times. It's mixed mushrooms sauteed with shallots in olive oil, then white wine & thyme added. Used wonton/egg roll wrappers to make the "pasta" & coated with browned butter/sage and parmesan. Yum.

Anyone have any good ideas for other kinds of ravioli? (ovo-lacto veg, please)
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Heh, my roommate and I never eat at our dining table. It's always covered in stuff and we have always eaten in the living room. We've been here 2 years and I've probably actually sat down at the table to eat maybe once or twice.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've lived in my house just over 3 years. Of that time, I don't think I've *ever* eaten at the kitchen table. Most nights, I'll have dinner in the living room, or even in the office. But, when summer comes, I'll mix it up by having dinner on the porch or patio.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I hate eating a meal at a table by myself. If I'm home alone I'll usually sit in the living room when I eat.

However, if there's someone else here -- namely, my husband -- then we almost always eat at the table. It's a convenience thing, for one. Some of the meals I make, especially if they have sauces and such, may be hard to eat without a flat surface (we don't have a coffee table or anything like that in the living room.) Also, I just feel more like a family when we eat at the table, even though it's just the two of us.

Comment

when I get a chance to look it up, I'll send the recipe for my cheese ravioli with homemade sauce. It's very very labor intensive, but oh so worth it in the end... Fair warning, everything is from scratch though, sauce, filling, and pasta. If you don't wnat anything that intensive, let me know.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
            Fair warning, everything is from scratch though, sauce, filling, and pasta. If you don't wnat anything that intensive, let me know.
            O-o Maybe I'd consider it. Really, though, I'm looking for untraditional ideas. But if you want to make it for me....
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Heh, my roommate and I never eat at our dining table. It's always covered in stuff and we have always eaten in the living room.
              Ditto

Except my table has been taken over by a large cage containing Guinea pigs!
              But they're soooo cute
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Working...
              X