This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was kinda mean today...

I was walking my puppers, and she squats down to pee. I double check that shes just peeing ( i have bags ready just in case). And feel a burning stare into the back of my head. I turn and there an older guy smoking a cigarette on a porch just ahead, just STARING at me. That in itself is enough to put me in a mood.

So I turn around, puppers is done and we begin walking. As soon I I am about to pass this guys porch, he pipes up : "Dont you clean up after your dog?" *said kinda smugly*

I turn to him and say: "She peed. I cant really clean up pee. Did you want me to try?" And then I keep walking.

As I continue my walk, i felt pretty bad about giving the guy attitude, he was most likely just likely just looking out for his block, and making sure no one left dog poo, which i understand, i guess

IDK. I came home and told my husband what he said and he was slightly horrified @ me.

/sigh.. I dont know. I couldn't hold my tongue back, but it was kind of mean of me.

PMS maybe?

Just blame it on PMS. lol

In all seriousness, he may have been looking after his block, but it's pretty easy to see if the dog went potty or peed. It also depends on his tone too.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      Just blame it on PMS. lol
      Please don't.

Personally, I don't think you should feel bad. The guy was rude, and it's usually easy to tell if a dog is doing a 1 or a 2. He made an assumption, and it was wrong. No need to put up with baseless accusations.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'm not even sure what part of what you said was mean. Or even rude.

In fact, it was in no way innappropriate. He asked you a question. You answered it.

Comment

That's the disadvantage of having female dogs - most of the time they squat to pee so to non-dog people (and to even some ignorant dog people) a squatting dog = pooping.

I get it often when I'm walking Maiya or Kiri and I just let them know "she was just peeing" (yes, emphasis on the she).

Once someone even continued it after that so I asked "What, do you want me to dig a hole?"
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Ok, so I dont feel so bad after all. Lol.

I just felt bad for giving him (what i consider) attitude. Im not all rainbows and sunshine but im usually nicer, i guess.

Soooo, not blamed on PMS then.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              That's the disadvantage of having female dogs - most of the time they squat to pee so to non-dog people (and to even some ignorant dog people) a squatting dog = pooping.
              Pablo peed like a girl.

When he pooped he looked like a tiny kangaroo.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post

I just felt bad for giving him (what i consider) attitude. p
                So? He gave it first. He didn't act in a way that would obligate you to be polite to him.

Fuck that guy.

I mean, he could have checked to see if there was a log there before he opened up his mouth, but he didn't. No, he just could not wait to be a patronizing douchebag. If you're going to confront a stranger about wrongdoing, you better damn straight be sure and sure again you are in the right. Otherwise, you need to keep your pie hole shut.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                  So? He gave it first. He didn't act in a way that would obligate you to be polite to him.

Fuck that guy.

I mean, he could have checked to see if there was a log there before he opened up his mouth, but he didn't. No, he just could not wait to be a patronizing douchebag. If you're going to confront a stranger about wrongdoing, you better damn straight be sure and sure again you are in the right. Otherwise, you need to keep your pie hole shut.
                  You're my hero!

Comment

Now, make no mistake, if she had left doggie doo on the sidewalk or in a public place, yeah, I would not blame him for speaking up. But he needs to make sure he is seeing what he thinks he is seeing.

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me if the guy was the kind of person who just drops their butts wherever.
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Pablo peed like a girl.
                        So did Gallon.

The funniest was Bella, our Finnish Spitz - she lifted her leg to pee at times.
                        Quote Dalesys:
                        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I don't spend a lot of time around dogs (more of a cat person), and even I can tell when a dog is peeing or pooping.

Does anyone ever notice the way a dog's back arches when it's giving you a reason to use of the plastic baggies you carry?
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I personally don't think it matters if the dog was pooping or peeing, if it was doing it in an inappropriate place. If it was on a tree or something, fine, but if your dog was peeing on the sidewalk in his neighborhood, I think he had every right to give you attitude. I know I would be annoyed if I walked out my door and saw someone allowing their dog to pee on the sidewalk or my truck or whatever. Since you didn't say what your dog was peeing on, it is hard to say if the guy was in the right or not. And since, as you said, a female dog peeing looks just like any dog pooping, perhaps he thought your dog was taking a dump.

I have no problem with a guy looking out for his block and his neighborhood.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              I have no problem with a guy looking out for his block and his neighborhood.
                              That's fine, but are you fine with him giving unfounded smartassery? After all, it wouldn't have been so hard to wander over in the time frame and actually look. He just stood on his porch and assumed someone else was an asshole.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X