Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there some CR-2032 emergency going on?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there some CR-2032 emergency going on?

I've been trying to find a 2032 battery for weeks now and it seems everyone is out of them (empty spaces) - Walgreens, CVS, Target, best Buy.

I've been to at least 14 places and everyone is out. Is there a mad rush on them?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I generally buy them 10 at a time but I've found them to be the least expensive at Lowe's or Home Depot. In a pinch I've bought them at Radio Shack or some computerese repair store.
    I store mine in old medicine bottles. Put a thin sheet of some none conductive material (such as paste-board or plastic) and stack them up.
    Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

It looks like you can buy them online for just over $2.

What do you use them for? I've not heard of this size.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I used to buy dozens of the things for my Sega Dreamcast devices. Since I'd never heard of CR-2032 before, I'd wrongly assumed the battery type was invented for it. So every time I hear of 2032 being usable for some new thing, I can't help but think, "Sega's legacy lives on."
        Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

They're commonly used for CMOS batteries in computers but they're also used to power our Sunpass transponders (like EZ Pass etc.. - pre-paid tolls).

Edit: I JUST FOUND ONE! I bought a 2-pack when my wife's transponder needed a new battery and completely forgot about it!
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

**flashes back to working at the watch store and running out of batteries**

**wimpers, and hides under a table**

**remembers, she doesn't work there any more, and smiles**
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

lol someone came in yesterday looking for them. i didnt even look to see if we got any in on truck today...

Comment

Wow.....I can't remember the most sought after watch battery......after 3 years,,,this knowledge has left me.

Joy.
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                X