This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furchild.....ARGH!

couple of days ago my furchild managed to get out and was gone for several hours. hes home safely now, but every morning since this has happened he has awakened me at 7:30 ON THE DOT moewing at the top of his voice and racing about the house, often doing this for hours.

any suggestions to make my morning wake up heart attack free?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Lock him in the bathroom overnight?

My last cat acted similarly. ("Little Fat PITA Cat") Always had to be let outside right at 7.30 in the morning. If my Mom refused to do it, she'd OPEN MY BEDROOM DOOR and pester me into doing it.

Granted, she was an indoor/outdoor cat and was spoiled so she actyually had the opportunity to go out and play in the yard. (Remember, I lived outside of Chattanooga with a huge yard)

Best thing I can think of is to literally kick her out of the bed. Dad rolled over once and accidently kicked PITA out of bed. She hit the wall and left a dent. Cat was okay; she left Dad alone for a solid week!
    I suggest just putting her back on the floor and telling her off.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

When Morgan was a wee kitten....she'd pounce on my bed and slap me until I woke up. One morn, I was way too tired to deal with her and in my sleep I whacked her (I swear I was alseep) and she went flying. She'll still meow (yowl) to wake me, but no more slapping (So sorry, Morg)

Riley HOWLS when he wants attention, when he feels like it, when he sees Orange Cat, when he talks to to the ceiling fan, all of which are followed by hyper kitty running. He has no off button, he cannot be closed in a room (howling again).

The only thing that quiets him down or get Morg to behave for about 30 min....I go cat on them. I hiss back, I do low growls, I stare.

30 mins later....they are back at it.

So, no, there is no way to get the furkids to not drive you crazy
      "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Sparty does that. He runs up and down the (hardwood floor) hallway, zig-zaging and literally bouncing off the walls.

Hubby used to let him out in the summer, then hunting season started in hillbilly country and one evening he came home with a .22 in his back. Good thing he's fat and the bullet just lodged in his fat layer.

Mommy has decreed that he is not getting out till hunting season is over.

I think his plan is to try and drive Daddy crazy with the running and bouncing till he lets him out.

Doesn't work on Mommy, she'll just do the icy stare and call him "Spartacus" in that mean voice and then ignore him. Daddy can be such a push over sometimes.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
          couple of days ago my furchild managed to get out and was gone for several hours. hes home safely now, but every morning since this has happened he has awakened me at 7:30 ON THE DOT moewing at the top of his voice and racing about the house, often doing this for hours.
          Awww, come on. he is just treating you to some morning mewsic.

Eric the Grey
          [sorry, no helpful suggestions. My smallest does brings her string toy in at random times mewing at me or D to play with her...]
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I'll go against all the current advice given and say simply...hide the clock.

(We have a too smart for his own good cat, I'm used to his hijinx)
            "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
            - H. Beam Piper

Comment

...Set your alarm to go off at 7:28?
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

my alarm isn't set to go off till 8:30...
                It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                  my alarm isn't set to go off till 8:30...
                  Well, see, there's the problem right there. If you're already awake when you fuzzy one starts his antics, there will be no heart attacks induced. Yes? Logical.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

nono...he does this all night....rarely does he sleep with me anymore.

Comment

Little Thelma does this at exactly 6 am. To her, this is meal time. She will meow loudly until we get up, (Well, usually ma since I'm at work normally) until she gets fed. Takes one bite of food, then goes and naps for a bit.
                      Military Spouse Support.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

When I get up in the morning...both kitties are in bed. Most of the time they'll just curl up and go to sleep. However, most of the time...Baxter can't do that. He'll rub his teeth on my hands, sniff my face, etc. for quite a bit. At least he no longer bites my ears. I was fast asleep one night, felt his whiskers, and then... *CHOMP!* He'd sunk his teeth into my earlobe
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X