Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lost my great grandmother to Alzheimer a couple of years ago, if you ever feel the need to vent to someone who understands but is uninvolved (sometimes it helps) PM me and I'll send you my number.

As for everything else... things will get better even though it feels like crap now.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

I don't think it's a case of refusing to understand. She is simply incapable of understanding why anyone would be upset at losing a possession, and since she can't understand it, she laughs at it. She'll never apologize, either, because she just canNOT comprehend that it's wrong to laugh at someone who is upset. It's just how and who she is.

One more reason to get out of here. I sent out several emails earlier this week, but no responses yet. At least I'm actually DOING something about it.

It occurred to me this morning that one of my kitties, who thinks that everything in the apartment is a toy, might have put her little paws on my bracelet, so I'm going to check under all the furniture. Of course, this would mean that I took it off somewhere outside the bedroom, because my bedroom is off-limits to them. I don't even want to vacuum the place, lest I vacuum it up without knowing.

And Mom. And Mom. And Mom.

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
        It occurred to me this morning that one of my kitties, who thinks that everything in the apartment is a toy, might have put her little paws on my bracelet, so I'm going to check under all the furniture. Of course, this would mean that I took it off somewhere outside the bedroom, because my bedroom is off-limits to them. I don't even want to vacuum the place, lest I vacuum it up without knowing.
        If your kitties are like mine, they'll play with whatever they can find. Or, whatever smells "interesting" to them. For example, Baxter just *loves* to play with the little plastic rings from gallon milk jugs. Not sure why, but he'll spend hours batting them around. Also, making rooms "off-limits" tends to make them more interesting for kitties--doing that makes them try harder to gain access

Hopefully, your bracelet is still in your apartment somewhere. Good luck in finding it
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I want to thank all of you for your support. I haven't found my bracelet, though I've looked all over the place. The woman who made it, offered to return my money. I'm going to see if she's willing to make another one - it won't be exactly the same, of course, but similar. If she won't, or can't, I'll ask a friend who's into beading if she'll be willing to do it.

It really means a lot to me, knowing that you're all here.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
            Not just objects; any time you have a pet die, *someone* will say, "Oh, big deal. It's just a dog, get over it."
            Pardon my French, but that's fucked up. If someone would have said that to me back in 2007-08, after I'd lost *two* pets, I'd have strangled them Sorry asshole, my kitties may be pets to you, but they're my "kids." Don't like it? Fuck you.

Getting back on topic here, after my maternal grandfather died in '89, I ended up with many of his things. I was the oldest grandchild, and was constantly at his house. Grandma saw to it, that his prized possessions ended up in my care. That's why I have his 1940s jazz records, the watch Grandma had given as a wedding present, cuff links, his class ring, food inspector badges (looks like a police-issued item), WWII papers, photos, Lion's Club awards, etc. all things that are irreplaceable now. All of those things are valuable to me. Not because of what they cost, but because of where they came from.

But, one thing has disappeared--his pipe. That had been mounted on the wall in his office after his death...and I don't know what happened to it. I packed up many of his things after the house was sold in 2007...and haven't seen it since. Hopefully, it's hidden away in my basement, and will rejoin the rest of his things soon
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X