This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undead of Walmart

So I was at the big evil W the other night and a lady came around the corner. Something seemed off, and I noticed that her skin was greyish-blue. Like, head to toe (well, all the visible skin anyway). It took everything I had to not scream "ZOMBIEEE!"

Intrigued, I googled blue skin. Turns out it's a condition caused by ingesting silver (which used to be in some medications).

Wish I had known that before I ran to Hardware and grabbed a chainsaw...
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Look up the Blue Fugates. It's a whole family with a genetic condition that turns them anything from purple to smurf blue.

It's crazy
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

LMAO!!

I honestly mightve just left the cart there and ran.....

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
        Turns out it's a condition caused by ingesting silver (which used to be in some medications).
        and sadly some people still swear by it-google "colloidal silver"-we have a blue skinned senator or congressman that took colloidal silver during the "anthrax scare"-and it's still in silvadine cream used for burn patients to prevent infection.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Cyanosis is the techninical term for it.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I read a thing about the "blue senator" the other day. People actually ask him if he's dead.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
            Cyanosis is the techninical term for it.
            Actually, Cyanosis is caused be poorly oxygenated blood circulating through the body and usually presents in one part of the body (most commonly fingers). I know this one because one of my boys used to turn blue around his lips every now and then, which scared us to death until he saw a cardiologist and they said it was nothing to worry about. Argyria (which is the one I found first when I searched) is the one that is caused by taking in too much silver.
            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I kinda wanna be blue. That way if anyone asks, I can just tell them I'm an anime character.

Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                -and it's still in silvadine cream used for burn patients to prevent infection.
                I have a little jar of silvadine, and it's amazing for burns. I'm a wee bit clumsy in the kitchen.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post

Actually, Cyanosis is caused be poorly oxygenated blood circulating through the body and usually presents in one part of the body (most commonly fingers). I know this one because one of my boys used to turn blue around his lips every now and then, which scared us to death until he saw a cardiologist and they said it was nothing to worry about. Argyria (which is the one I found first when I searched) is the one that is caused by taking in too much silver.
                  Ahhh. Ok. Sorry. Still learning the root words at school. I jsut went with adnormal condition of blue.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                  X