This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    He threatened to look my name up in the phone book.
    This reminds me of the people that I used to piss off on another discussion board that would threaten to come to where I live and beat the shit out of me. To which I usually had the same response:

"Let me get this straight. You're going to spend money to fly all the way to Phoenix to try to find someone you don't know to beat the crap out of them because of something they said on the fucking internet? REALLY?"

And when they (inevitably) said yes, I would happily provide them with my "address." Generally the address of some restaurant in my town. Hey, I may have been obnoxious and brash, but I'm not stupid enough to give some potential nutjob my REAL address! Besides, I found perverse humor in the thought that some idiot would actually follow through on their threats, only to get to their destination, only to realize the only thing they could beat up would be a meatloaf dinner.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Besides, I found perverse humor in the thought that some idiot would actually follow through on their threats, only to get to their destination, only to realize the only thing they could beat up would be a meatloaf dinner.
      Large bet on the meatloaf to win!

C.
      Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        And when they (inevitably) said yes, I would happily provide them with my "address." Generally the address of some restaurant in my town.
        I'd probably provide them with the address of a local police station. Or pest control business.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Well, guess I should let the cat out of the bag, eh?

I do not really own a pet elephant. I apologize for the deceivement.

I actually met my last girlfriend on the internet, and I think one of the problems she ended up having with me wasn't that I made stuff up about myself, but that I hardly mentioned anything about myself at all. I'm sure some interesting things happen in my life, but I can't help but think it's all rather ordinary and thus not worth talking about Ah, well.
          "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

On another board I go on I use the word "Mom" in my name. So, why do so many morons think I'm a guy? Riddle me that, Batman!

Sure, if you are an idiot I will pull out the big words, but I never thought of that as a guy thing. I'm strong minded, maybe that is it?

It gave me a headache to try to figure out why this idiot thought I was a guy and would get upset at being called a nasty name for a gay man.

He told me to watch my bitch mouth if I didn't want people thinking I was man.

I still don't get how a person born in the US would mistake me for a man. It boggles the mind.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I stopped trusting people on the internet when I was 15 and one of my closer online friends committed suicide, only to pop up on AIM a month later and say "just kidding." I cried myself to sleep for weeks over him, and I threw up from nerves when I found out he was alive and fine.

"When your deepest thoughts are broken, keep on dreaming, boy; when you stop dreaming it's time to die" -- Blind Melon

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                I still don't get how a person born in the US would mistake me for a man. It boggles the mind.
                Because the US has just as many idiots and morons as any other country in the world.

Maybe even more.

Quoth Lindsey View Post
                I stopped trusting people on the internet when I was 15 and one of my closer online friends committed suicide, only to pop up on AIM a month later and say "just kidding." I cried myself to sleep for weeks over him, and I threw up from nerves when I found out he was alive and fine.
                Dude was clearly not your friend, or worth your tears or nerves.

Personally, I think he should be beaten severely for an hour with something blunt, spiked, and soaked in something acidic.

But that's just me. I am a vengeful prick, after all.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Shortly before he dropped out of college never to return, the ex said that he was moving to China. Part of me knew there was no way he could be serious, but he was so good at messing with my head (crafted an elaborate explanation of who he was going to live with, what jobs he was going to look for, how much of the language he knew, etc) that I completely fell for it. I ended up sending him an email (I think I was stressed out over finals anyway)....two days later I get an IM "j/k, you fell for that?". Jerk.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

i recently found out that certain actions online are actually illegal. The Boy's ex wife (The Ex) was recently arrested for online solicitation of a minor. turns out she'd been trying to sex up a 15 year old. her felony court date is next week. should be interesting.
                    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
                    ^_^

Comment

Working...
                    X