This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have another job!

I'm pretty excited! Since I don't work at McD's while I'm in school, I've been receiving an allowance from my grandparents. I want to be able to contribute to my tuition more than I am.

Soooo...

I found the opportunity to be a sex toy seller, kinda like how some women do Avon. I will be getting the call on Saturday around 2pm to find out what the job entails and how to get started.

For those of you who are thinking "Woah. Hold it McG. Are you sure you are going to be able to sell?", I have this: I live in the all girls dorm.

Wish me luck!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

You should be rolling in it soon - good luck.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

That sounds awesome. I've heard of sex toy parties that women have, they can be hilarious and a lot of fun. Since it's usually all women you should be okay, especially if they're girls you know from school. Good luck!

Comment

I might know what company you are looking at. One of my friends does parties like that.

She says is it hard work but not too bad.
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Looking on the website, it is a very legit business. It's very flexible to my schedule, which is perfect with me taking a 16 credit load. Training is free, but I will have to hand over some money to get started, but you can't start a business without having to pay some first.

This is a great opportunity for me to flaunt my knowledge about intimacy and...*ahem* self- pleasure
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

So, you might be selling an entirely different version of a Big Mac?

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Cool! Good luck, McG!

If it's the place I'm thinking of, I've been to one of their parties and we had soooo much fun! And the girl who was the rep is a friend-of-a-friend, and she has a blast doing it and makes pretty good cash for part time.

Keep us posted.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Let me know when the "Chocolate Thunder" is available for order......kthxbai..

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                  Training is free, but I will have to hand over some money to get started, but you can't start a business without having to pay some first.
                  This is where I'd be careful when they want money up front. Obviously you'll have some demo gear, but can I advise that you do some googling and see if anyone has had bad experiences working for them and why? I don't know the company and maybe never will, but there will be others.

Generally speaking, if someone comes to me and says there's a really good money spinning idea that they're willing to sell to you, I immediately reckon they're selling the idea of selling an idea. If it's such a good idea, why aren't they reaping all the rewards for themselves? My suspicion may not be warranted, but it's out there.

Secondly, have you any experience in selling techniques? I don't know what you've done elsewhere save for the McWork, but it's not the same as, "What would you like?", "I'll have a chicken burger, hold the lettuce." You'll need to look at closed questions to get people to buy - instead of "Do you want one of these?" (which has the possible answer of 'no'), you should look at something like, "Which of these do you want?"

Beyond your friends in the dorm etc, who else would you be able to sell to? One night's demonstration could lead to your next lead - and should. Maybe one of the attendees has other friends who want to have a peek etc. You're selling more than the products - you're selling yourself for another party, and then another one after that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Assuming this is on the up-and-up, I know you can do anything you set yourself to.

So good luck, and I bet some great stories come out of this.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Raps, I have done my research very carefully. I'm talking to a consultant on Saturday and will be meeting with her in Feb with some other women.

As for sales experience, I wasn't President of the *McG's high school* chpater of Future Business Leaders of America for nothing. Plus, I was a Girl Scout. We got veeerrrry persuasive with selling.

As for my customers, I am very sure that I can sell to my coworkers at McD's and friends, who would tell their friends and all of that.

I haven't fully decided yet. The earliest I will have my decision is Saturday.

Comment

So I talked to the consultant yesterday. After weeks of contemplating even talking to her about having this opportunity and after days of thinking about whether or not I take this job, I have made my decision.

I'm taking it.

I,McGoddess, will be a toy saleswoman. I will have my own business where I determine the hours I put in and that will bend to the will of my school schedule.

Comment

I'm trying to remember--were you going to school to be a teacher? If so, be very very careful; it is not impossible for a parent to find out you have worked "in the sex industry" and are therefore "not morally fit to teach young minds." Yeah I know, sounds foolish, but I've seen it happen.
                          To keep this short and sweet you'll have to make sure that your private life stays private if you decide to become an educator.

If I'm completely off base ignore everything here and have fun!

Comment

Oh yeah Shroo. I thought about all of that. That is why When i do become an educator, I am going to keep home life at home. I don't really plan on advertising this business on the internet, so my name can't be attached to it when they look me up.

Comment

McGoddess, it won't necessarily take a google search to fry you... just a FOAFster running their mouth off. Which is why my daughter is careful AND selective about her entertainments, even though she lives 15 miles from her school.

(FOAF = Friend Of A Friend)
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X