Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation! Why is the Simpson's dog a greyhound?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I don't see how being a greyhound has anything to do with the Christmas theme.....?
    Can you see a labrador, collie, poodle or mongrel having the name of Santa's Little Helper? However, it's not outside the bounds of probability that someone might name a racing greyhound that name.

Could also have been a racehorse; then again, they did that theme much later on in the show. XD
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Lab or collie, probably not. Mongrel, perhaps, depending on the mutt. Poodle? Hell yes. Ridiculous name for a ridiculous looking breed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
        The Greyhound park outside of Wichita closed a few years ago. I worked with a girl when I was at T-Mobile who's husband worked at the track and said the dogs were very well taken care of.

When the track closed, there was concern that they were all going to be killed, but the state adopted them. When I started at the prison, I found out that that all of them were there. There is a program where inmates can complete a Care Dog training course and train assist-dogs (just the basic commands, then they are sent to a place that does the full-fledged care dog training). The greyhounds were sort of shoehorned in to this program, allowing some dog handlers to have the greyhounds as pets. They live in their cells and the inmates who keep them genuinely love the dogs and take excellent care of them. It's always fun when I work in that cellhouse when I'm sitting at the desk and get nudged by one of the greyhounds.
        Wow. Now I know I've been away from home for a long time. When I left Wichita, there wasn't (to my knowledge) a Greyhound track anywhere in the vicinity. So I've been away long enough for it to come into being, run long enough to be known as a landmark and close.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

They are such sweet pets. I've known a few greyhounds. The problem with them is that they have a huge prey drive, because they've been taught to chase this little furry thing running around a track (and they have thousands of years of hunting-hound breeding behind them!). They're not a good idea if you have cats or other small non-dog animals.

Comment

I had a greyhound for nine years. He had to be put down last year (Long story to that) but he was my best friend.

I got him when I was 12 years old, still remember him getting out the 2nd day we had him because he found a crack in the fence. To this day though, I won't forget him following me around when he wanted a walk, staring endlessly at me when I was cooking, or just laying there minding his own business.

Aside from the getting out part, they are the perfect dog. They're quiet, they just need a walk here and there, and they love you.

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
            X