This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Whippersnappers

I was at work the other day when this teenage girl came in. Her hair was teased and had blue streaks in it. I complimented her and told her she looked like Cyndi Lauper.

"Who's Cyndi Lauper?" she innocently asked.
    Last edited by TruthHurts; 01-31-2010, 06:41 AM.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Reminds me of having some kids in the car next to me asking me who that cool band was.

I was listening to AC/DC...

Eric the Grey
    [takes his cane and wanders off...]
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

She didn't know Cyndi Lauper!!!???? But what's a girl's night without "Girls just wanna have fun!"??? Gah!
      *looks for her zimmer frame*
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Now, now, Rads....it's certainly possible to know a song without knowing the artist. It happens all the time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey, I heard that Dave Grohl was in band before he started the Foo Fighters... were they any good?

"Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
            Hey, I heard that Dave Grohl was in band before he started the Foo Fighters... were they any good?

What was that band called? Shangri La? Or something like that?
            "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
            --StanFlouride

Comment

whos Cyndi Lauper?

Comment

There are worse things.

Like when I had to explain to my neighbor who the muppets are.

Comment

Cyndi Lauper? Isn't that someone the children are listening to? {imagine old fart smiley}
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

She's like your age, dalesys!
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Who is Cyndi Lauper?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        She's like your age, dalesys!
                        Between my 2 oldest little sisters.

At the time of her first release (1980) I was feeding 5 tricycle motors.

One of my favorite musicians of my second childhood (Valerie Vigoda of GrooveLily) did a stint in Cyndi's touring band circa 1998 and got good training in sass.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

For those who are asking in all seriousness, Cyndi Lauper was an 80's pop star in much the same vein as early Madonna, best known for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Time After Time."
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Cyndi Lauper can be seen on the upcoming season of the The Apprentice with a bunch of other celebrities.
                            "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Geeze my 13 year old is better versed in music from the 80's and older than some of these guys it's ridiculous. Doesn't anyone pay attention to what came BEFORE what's out there now?
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X