Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of Mass Effect 2. I almost one shot the boss. But it did look very impressive. ;p

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
      PS3, thank you.

As for The Destroyer, well, My Defiler was averaging around 5500 damage per bullet, plus acid effect. Then I swapped to my SMG and bullethosed 55 bullets at 1100 damage per mag until I ran out of ammo. Didn't even lose shield integrity. I was.... disappointed.

As for the Defiler's Stats;

Maliwan Pestilent Defiler

Level requirement: 35

Damage 489
      Accuracy: 91.7
      Fire rate 1.0
      Magazine Capacity: 2
      Corrosive Effect x4

Highly Effective vs. Armor
      Chance to Corrode enemies

Give Sick
      3.7x weapon zoom

As you can see from the stat block; Hilariously overpowered, Plus, with the Quicksilver and High Velocity skillboosts, I get +25% reload speed, +20% damage, and +100% bullet velocity, so I don't have to lead a target nearly as much.

(FYI, Give Sick = 100% acid Splash and increased Acid damage. I one-shot level 35 Badass Crimson Lance Soldiers with this thing.)
      HOLY CRAP! Was this on the FIRST playthrough? Jesus, what type of character were you playing as? And how on Earth Pandora did you find such a powerful Legendary weapon on your first playthrough?!?

Also, what type of gun is it?

Like I said, I've since got my itchy trigger finger wrapped around some much more powerful Legendary weapons. The Fearsome Skullmasher comes to mind... that is one SWEET sniper rifle! As the description says, makes their brains hurt!
      "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
      --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
        HOLY CRAP! Was this on the FIRST playthrough? Jesus, what type of character were you playing as? And how on Earth Pandora did you find such a powerful Legendary weapon on your first playthrough?!?

Also, what type of gun is it?
        First Playthrough, Siren, Vending Machine next to the Middle of Nowhere Bounty Board, and Revolver. :Smug:

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
          First Playthrough, Siren, Vending Machine next to the Middle of Nowhere Bounty Board, and Revolver. :Smug:
          Wow, that was a lucky find! There's been a time or 2 that a Legendary weapon turned up in a vending machine and I didn't have enough money to buy it, but nothing as good as the Pestilent Defiler. I'd be PISSED if I found that and couldn't afford it!

But right now, I *think* my money's maxed out, it's showing all 9s!

Oh, and I'm playing it on the Xbox 360. My best friend lent it to me back in November because he wasn't playing, then on Christmas day, he told me to just keep it as his Xmas gift to me!

So, maybe the differences we experienced with the spiderants and the crab worms are due to differences between the 2 versions?
          Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 02-11-2010, 02:43 AM.
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Game of 2010 I'm most looking forward to: Aliens Vs Predator 3

Hell yeah.
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
              So, maybe the differences we experienced with the spiderants and the crab worms are due to differences between the 2 versions?
              Nah; just playstyle, most likely. I tend to bullethose at medium range, which is where Spiderants lose out to my ability to plaster them with oodles of bullets, which stuns 'em long enough for me to perforate their soft and squishy parts.

I just have crap aim, so i turn to my Defiler or a Rocket launcher to deal with better-armoured foes like the Crabs or the Crimson Lance. After all, armour doesn't work very well when you have to peel it off post haste to avoid acid burns. (poor Hicks)

Oh; I loved the Scooby-Doo reference in 'The Zombie Island of Doctor Ned'

Comment

AVP3 is also the game most likely to give you motion sickness sitting still, but man the alien is hella fun, disregarding newtons laws in most regards

Trophy and Stealth kills are bloody too, just as they should be, enough to get it banned in Germany but that's no real suprise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfGFiZz2DnI - Predator Trophy Kills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPKkNx_fOO0 Alien Trophy Kills
                Last edited by RayvenQ; 02-11-2010, 05:10 AM.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                X