This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever eaten at Freebirds?

One just opened not too far from us about a week and a half ago, so my husband and I went there for lunch today. For those who have never heard of it before (I hadn't until this one opened), it's sort of like Subway turned Mexican. They're most famous for their burritos (though they have tacos and quesadillas, too.) You can pick what kind of wrap, meat, cheese, beans, rice, veggies, and sauce you want, and they build it for you as you go through the line, like at Subway.

It was pretty dang good, for "fast food." My husband typically doesn't like Mexican food, but he likes Freebirds pretty well, mostly since you can customize what you want on your food (he dislikes sour cream, guacamole, salsa, onions, raw tomatoes...etc. So he just gets meat, cheese, and rice.)

I haven't heard of it. But it sounds kind of like Chipotles.

Comment

I loooove Freebird's!

And to answer Sunsetsky, it is like Chipotle, but better and not all corporatey.
      My Space

Comment

Oh. I was going to ask if it was a Lynyrd Skynyrd-themed restaurant.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IF I leave here tommorrow will you still remember me?
          The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

I hate Freebirds. Decent food (I think it's pretty much the same as Chipotle). Both of the ones I've been to have been so loud I couldn't carry on a conversation. Guess I'm just an old grump.

Comment

Working...
            X