This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in time for the next storm

My furnace is dead. My father came over to take a look at it, and the fan is not working. So in the interest of safety....we shut it down.

I have one space heater, and will be getting more tomorrow night.

Ok, I know I said I wanted to love winter, and I did, until the furnace decided to die.

I can has heat now?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I hope you get it fixed quickly~

I cant imagine braving this winter without heat.

Comment

I have space heaters and cats...and thankfully neighbors who like keeping their kids warm, so I have some residual heat from them

Was gonna work from home on Wed anyway, so the furnace guy will be popping in then.

I shouldn't bitch...there are people who have no heat....that I cannot imagine

Ok, the space heater just came back on, and scared Riley....LOL, silly kitty
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

just watched the local news....

winter storm warning for the whole state by the end of the night

10-14 inches

blizzard like conditions in the afternoon...a.k.a. when im supposed to go into work.

(they never close...for anything...ever)

hmm

Comment

Dang....

I'm guessing furnace guy will not be coming tomorow I could have had him pop in today, but then I'd have to to work in the storm

And as it turns out its mad busy at work, so I *had* to be here.

Comment

Ugh. That sucks!

But, I do know what it's like. Several years ago, my parents' furnace blew up. Actually, the electrical control box blew up After many years of no maintenance, it simply couldn't keep up with the cold one year, and destroyed itself. Needless to say, it chose to die on one of the coldest days of the year. Even with space heaters, and *many* blankets, it was still pretty damn cold inside.

Last year, I was without gas service. For whatever reason, the gas company (along with the water company!) decided to replace lines and gas meters...in the middle of winter Now, my place usually doesn't get cold inside, so it was a simple matter of getting under the blankies with the kitties

Hopefully you'll get your heat back before the snow starts again.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I don't care about me, lol....I can always go to the 'rents or a friends or a hotel...I'm worried about my fur-kids!

At least it a warm 39 today, and looks like it won't dip below 26

Comment

Cat's got heat

The oil was dry on the furnace, so no real repairs are needed. The heat was cranked up to 80 to test (back to a reasonable 60) so I am actually toasty warm.

Still wanna get outta this shithole....he looked at my water heater (the pipe slips) and mentioned it was a horrible hack job and I should get it fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X