Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MD plow drivers need to take lessons from their counterparts in western NY...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD plow drivers need to take lessons from their counterparts in western NY...

Note to snow plow drivers in MD: The goal isn't just to get the snow out of the way, but to full clear the *entire* road so drivers don't find their lane blocked! They have almost no idea on how to clear roads down here. I guess I'm still "spoiled" after living most of my life in western NY (Rochester) where they know how to clear an entire road, shoulder to shoulder!!
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Belive me..South Central PA has the SAME issue,....not looking forward to this next 1.5 feet! its already started...

Comment

Tell me about it, I love how they try to stay away from the boxes...and make it wider then the llv is and then wonder why we curse them when we get stuck. Our brick on wheels aren't made nicely for snow.

Comment

Well give them a little credit, the roads in MD weren't too terrible (most main roads anyway) after the 30" on Saturday, but now add this 12"+, where can they put it?

Comment

I can think of *one* place...

Seriously though, it's like they run the plow down the road's center-line, and then to hell with the rest of it. Right now, there's a 6-foot wide swath of snow 2 feet high either side of the street, at least on my street. Other streets, even those 4 lanes or more...are down to only 2 lanes or barely 1.

Many city (Pittsburgh) streets still haven't been touched, and the bulk of the snowfall came nearly a week ago It's not like we don't have an abundance of salt either--rumor has it that there's several hundred *thousand* tons of salt, yet it's not being used, because the mayor's office...thinks it's "too expensive" I wish I was kidding about that one--he's actually been quoted as saying that.

In fact, last night I noticed how much easier my commute came, as soon as I hit the city line. Pretty much smooth sailing the rest of the way home. Of course it was the opposite heading into work yesterday morning--every main road, as soon as you hit the city limits...was a parking lot.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

They did the same thing here in Virginia too!

*blarglegargle*

Taking your life in your own hands to get to work/grocery store/doctor's office. It's not fun, believe you me.

Comment

I grew up in Buffalo, NY, and while the plows do get the entire width of the road, they don't get all the way to the pavement. Apparently they're required to keep the plow at least 2 inches above the pavement, or they might damage the road....
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                Apparently they're required to keep the plow at least 2 inches above the pavement, or they might damage the road....
                I wish the plows here would do that. The snow/ice isn't so bad, but there are roads here that are completely undrivable now because of all of the potholes. Of course, if our wonderful city would just repave some of these roads instead of trying to patch them all the time, that would help.
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                X