Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*MOD EDIT - You were told by a mod to take the "amateur vs professional" discussion to fratching. Comments removed.

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Lots of of us love watching hockey. Bobsled? Not so much.
    I LOVE the bobsled. It is my favorite Winter Olympic sport. I think it may have something to do with my love of roller coasters, though I can't say which caused which.

Yes, I realize I am weird. This is something new?
    Last edited by Ree; 02-27-2010, 09:21 AM. Reason: Removed fratching discussion

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

As for bobsled, it falls into the "hurdling down a death tube and praying you win" category of sports for me. Always seems rather up in the up in the air rather then skill based. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there's skill involved, it just doesn't look like it on the surface and there isn't much variation to the sport.
      Last edited by Ree; 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted quote

Comment

I am just excited that US Olympic hockey team is posed to win gold again for the first time since they won the first time women's teams where allowed.

that one is Canada verse USA.

Canada you are going down!
        Our women beat Russia 13-0 and if the Russian women can even score against us neither can you.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          Canada you are going down!
          Our women beat Russia 13-0 and if the Russian women can even score against us neither can you.
          *Snerk* lightweight.

Canada has not had one game on the women's side with anything less than double digit scores. All this means is Russia isn't up to par this time.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Let's not destroy my thread. Stay on topic: America beat Canada and it was GOOD.

On that note, Canada is spanking Russia tonight.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              As for bobsled, it falls into the "hurdling down a death tube and praying you win" category of sports for me.
              There is some luck in any sport, of course, and the skill set in bobsled is rather subtle. And as merely someone who likes watching people hurtle down a frozen roller coaster, I am not the one to adequately explain that skill set to you. But I am guessing the fact that the German pilot who won gold in the man's two-man bobsled event and thus become the most decorated Olympic bobsled pilot of all time says that it ain't just blind luck, either.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              Canada has not had one game on the women's side with anything less than double digit scores.
              I was not a mathematics major in college, but I do consider myself rather decent at it. And from what I know of the subject, Canada's win over Finland with a final score of 5-0 does in fact qualify as something less than a double digit score. Unless, that is, you mean that there were two digits in that score, which would qualify every scored event as having a double digit score.

Yes, I'm a smug bastard. Your point?
              Last edited by Ree; 02-27-2010, 09:25 AM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted quote

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                And from what I know of the subject, Canada's win over Finland with a final score of 5-0 does in fact qualify as something less than a double digit score.
                Ah, missed that. Doesn't matter anyway. The US women's team hasn't beat Canada since Nagano.

As for the US victory in the preliminaries, Canada was being cocky and got burned for it. Now their pissed and gunning for the US team. See you in the Gold medal game when we kick your ass across the ice.

EDIT: Hey Jester, what was that about the U.S. woman's team taking Gold? Oh yeah, a work of FICTION!
                Last edited by lordlundar; 02-26-2010, 12:51 AM.
                I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

3-2 Canada over Slovakia

So...we're right back to square one. Canada vs US for gold. -.-

Comment

...and the women shut out the US.

Comment

Sweet, delicious irony. ^^

Comment

Canada Wins GOLD 3-2 in Overtime.

Enjoy your bitter, bitter tears, USA.

Comment

And after a very hard played game, the winner of the Gold medal is:

CANADA!!!!!!

WOOHOO!
                          I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Hm, game in Canada, with all Canadian refs, and a LOT of missed calls that should have gone against Canada...

Whatevs.
                            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              Canada Wins GOLD 3-2 in Overtime.

Enjoy your bitter, bitter tears, USA.
                              No tears from me. I wasted them on too many other sporting events anyway.

Congratulations. You guys won when it counted.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                                Hm, game in Canada, with all Canadian refs, and a LOT of missed calls that should have gone against Canada...

Whatevs.
                                Bitter table for one at the pity party palace please
                                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                                X