This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Greenday View Post
    Hm, game in Canada, with all Canadian refs, and a LOT of missed calls that should have gone against Canada...

Whatevs.
    Oh come on dude, that was a fantastic, hard fought game. Don't tarnish it by acting like that.

And for the record the ref's are an international pool. Many of them are NHL refs and many of them have officiated the Olympics before.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
      Oh come on dude, that was a fantastic, hard fought game. Don't tarnish it by acting like that.
      Agreed. This gold wasn't given, it was earned. Every.square.millimeter.

Kudos to the US team for their efforts and kudos to both teams for pushing the game to the limit.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

And for the record the ref's are an international pool.
        What is international about the game being in Canada, Canada playing, and all Canadian referees? They didn't call hardly any penalties.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          What is international about the game being in Canada, Canada playing, and all Canadian referees? They didn't call hardly any penalties.
          Penalties tend to be more a reflection of the skill and discipline of the players involved. Which were top notch in this game.

Also, both teams received the same amount of penalties in the game anyway. Your refs were 3 Canadians and a Fin. The head ref was Bill Mcclurry, a guy that's been officiating hockey for 34 years both NHL and Olympics.

You seriously think he threw the game to Canada? Please.

Stop acting like a sore loser and be happy you got to watch an awesome hockey game of which both teams should be farking proud.

Comment

Stop acting like a sore loser and be happy you got to watch an awesome hockey game of which both teams should be farking proud.
            ugh, exactly. My Facebook wall is currently full of a bunch of bitching that we lost a hockey game to Canada. A sport which Canadians live, eat, and breathe, and which Americans rank somewhere between tennis and soccer. We got a freakin' silver medal. Go us, go them. Sheesh.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I think this about says it all.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I disagree, it is never a good thing for people to know Crosby's name. I hate him. He is a sissy on the ice. That's probably the thing I hate the most about losing to Canada.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Well, I, for one, am not a sore loser and will say, Congrats, Canada!

(No, I didn't watch the game; I came in just before the medal ceremony started.)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    (No, I didn't watch the game; I came in just before the medal ceremony started.)
                    A shame really. That was one heck of a game.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Well, I, for one, am not a sore loser and will say, Congrats, Canada!
                      Thank you!

And thanks to the Americans for giving us such an awesome game! They really made our team work for it, and I'm glad. That overtime goal will be something Canadians will remember for many years.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                        What is international about the game being in Canada, Canada playing, and all Canadian referees?
                        Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't follow hockey much and didn't watch either game, but were those not the same circumstances under which the game that started this whole thread was played? I guess the difference is that the US came out on the winning end in that one, though, huh?

Just an FYI, the only thing more unattractive than an ungracious winner is a sore loser.

Drown your sorrows, Greenday. I feel for ya buddy.
                        Quoth Greenday View Post
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't follow hockey much and didn't watch either game, but were those not the same circumstances under which the game that started this whole thread was played? I guess the difference is that the US came out on the winning end in that one, though, huh?

Just an FYI, the only thing more unattractive than an ungracious winner is a sore loser.

Drown your sorrows, Greenday. I feel for ya buddy.
                          Other than pride, the first game wasn't a do or die situation.

And I'm already on it.

On that note...North America REALLY kicked the crap out of the rest of the world...

Comment

Congrats to the Canadians...they played one hell of a game and they went out and WON the gold medal. I'm totally bummed the Americans lost, but they could not have lost to a classier group of players. The Canadians and Americans exemplified what is great about hockey and why I love the sport so much.

Vive Le Canada...Gold Medalists in Hockey 2010!

Please Gary Bettman...do the right thing and let NHLers play in Sochi, Russia in 2014! Save up this goodwill and use it to promote the game!
                            Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

Quoth SteverinoNY View Post
                              Please Gary Bettman...do the right thing and let NHLers play in Sochi, Russia in 2014! Save up this goodwill and use it to promote the game!
                              This + 1,000,000.

I watched the game with my girlfriend in a bar a couple of blocks from my place. Sat at a table with a couple of total stangers, had some brews, and met a couple of really cool people. We cheered, we groaned, we shouted "LLLOOOOOUUUUUU" every time Luongo touched the puck. It was fantastic. Great game.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

AWESOME game!

I had to leave mid-way through the 3rd period...and got play by play txt messages from my sister.

The best txt? "omfg 30 secs and we tied!" Awesome!

Great game, wish we had the gold, but it was just a great, great game. I wish I could have watched every bit of it.

FYI, I'm in Florida and half my Sunday school class was late today because they were watching the end of the hockey game. Lots of kids were talking about it, so hopefully there has been some impact. I only wish the NHL came on more on the television so I can regularly follow it because I love the sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X