This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sicker at night than during the day

Why does it seem that when you're sick that you feel worse at night than you do during the day? Anybody know?

Actually, it's usually just the opposite for my husband and I. We always feel worse right after we get up in the morning and usually for a couple hours after that. By the time night rolls around, we're usually drugged up and tired enough that we can get to sleep okay.

Comment

Depends what I have, if it is sniffly sore throat and head cold, it is worse in the morning. Nausea is worse at night.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Probably because during the day you have stuff to distract you. Then you finally get to wind down and try to sleep and you can focus all your energy on how crappy you feel.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I find when you have a cold you feel better during the day because the weather is warmer, when night hits and temperatures drop you feel shittier
          I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

I figure you feel worse because you've been awake all day and you're tired. :P

Comment

Could it also be that any meds you took during the day have worn off?
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X