This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's hear it for freaks outs

So, I saw a bug in my place tonight. It was icky. I tried setting the cat on it, cat wanted nothing to do with it.
    So I smoooshed it.

Then I started to freak out...I dislike bugs, but I got near phobic there were more about to crawl all over. For a good hour or so I was curled up crying and trying to ID this bug (to no avail)

Still freaking out, and all this over a stupid bug. Gonna do a super clean of the condo this weekend (need supplies and won't have time til the weekend to get 'em) which means canceling plans I had. Hiss.

I do feel a bit bad for smooshing the bug, it wasn't harming anyone ('cept my psyche, apparently) Stupid bug.

(it was about 1" long, brown, looked like a weird blend of cricket, beetle, wingless, indifferent to a cat sniffing it)

Anyways, thanks for reading....anyone else have unexplained freakouts?
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I have one about my mom!

Back when my dad was still in the military and working midnight shifts he received a phonecall from my mom at about 10pm. She was screaming into the phone because there was a mouse running around the living room floor and our labrador was chasing it around. My dad held the phone away from his ear and everyone in the room heard her screaming. My sister and I were in bed at the time and it's a wonder neither of us woke up to that.

Comment

I hate spiders, I had one land on my head while I was doing an english test at school.

I felt something on my hair, put my hand up and grabbed it brought it down to see what it was and it was a huge huntsman, the room was dead silent then you hear me screaming and jumping on my seat.

Teacher saw what it was and told me not to be so stupid, It was grade 4, I was 9 years old, my teacher was a bitch.
      I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

We tell this story all the time about my supervisor. She hates spiders and beetles and rats and mice and most anything creepy crawly.

One day we were all outside taking our break and one of my co-workers casually said to supervisor "There's a bug on your back. An ugly one."

Supervisor froze and just started screaming "GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF ME!" as all the passers-by stared at her.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Surprisingly, no bad dreams about killer bugs going for my soul. (Actually, I had a dream I was in the QC universe, odd and fun)

Still very freaked out and annoyed I cannot ID my insect nemesis. I'm worried it may have been a beetle of some sort, then I feel really bad...since I do like beetles.

I picked a bad time to quit drinkin'.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
            Surprisingly, no bad dreams about killer bugs going for my soul. (Actually, I had a dream I was in the QC universe, odd and fun)
            I love QC!!!! My boyfriend made me read it (all of it) over the break, and I was immediately hooked. (I'm so much like Faye it's a bit scary.)

My mom freaks out over any spider, no matter how small. Luckily, my apartment is largely critter-free, I've only had to smush a few bugs and I have a large library of very big and heavy books. The Riverside Shakespeare is an excellent bug smoosher!
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Theme song: Christine Lavin - Great Big Bug

(partial lyric)
              CHORUS: I'm not afraid of the water. I'm not afraid to fly,
              But when I see a great big bug, I know that one of us must die.

There it is! It's so big! There's no way I can get near.
              So I look around to find some kind of lethal object here.
              Shampoo? Nope. Q-tips? Nope. There must be something in this room.
              That's when I find the weapon of choice: Elizabeth Taylor's Passion perfume.
              So now I live in fear of a great big bug that smells like a movie queen,
              Afraid it's gonna come back to act out a sequel to this death-defying scene.
              But I'm prepared. I've sprayed a little Raid on my wrists, wear Roach Motels off my ears,
              And this rolled up copy of The New York Post helps me cope with my fears. CHORUS

from "One Wild Night in Concert" or "Four Bitchin' Babes - Fax It! Charge It! Don't Ask Me What's For Dinner!"
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
              X