This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross ya fingers!!

I just applied to a BSN (Bachelors of Science in Nursing) program. I have my ASN from lasy May 2009. My app is finally complete. Had to wait for transcripts and recommendation forms to get in. I hear back in 2 weeks or so. Its an online program (its legit) and im a little nervous about that aspect. Ive taken ONE online class and it was ok. Anyone take a bunch of stuff online?

Im nervous. I hope I get in. I could have my bachelors as soon as December 2011. This makes me happy. I want it ASAP.

My tummy hurts...Lol.

*Crosses fingers*

FGjdhgyegdgl

*Uncrosses fingers*

Don't have any advice, but good luck!

After my rather lengthy hospital stay 1.5 years ago, I have the utmost respect for those in the nursing profession, as well as those that want to make it their profession!

Mike

*Recrosses fingers*
    Meow.........

Comment

Good luck!

Hey, you're a good person to ask, while I'm here.

What's the difference between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician's Assistant?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Good luck!

Hey, you're a good person to ask, while I'm here.

What's the difference between a Nurse Practitioner and a Physician's Assistant?
        P.A.’s are licensed by state boards of medicine. Like doctors, they initially take classroom lecture classes emphasizing science and diseases, then continue with clinical rotations. Ninety percent of P.A. schools offer master’s programs. After finishing a program, candidates must pass a national certifying exam. The programs have an average total cost of $46,000, the P.A. association says.

Nurse practitioners are licensed by state boards of nursing, and typically are registered nurses with bachelor’s degrees as they begin their advanced training. To become licensed, they must hold a registered nurse’s license, earn a master’s in nursing science or a doctorate of nursing practice, and pass a certification exam in a specialty area. Both master’s and doctoral programs are offered by nursing schools, which integrate classroom instruction and clinical teaching throughout two or more years of advanced training.

To date, most nurse practitioners hold master’s degrees, which can cost $20,000 to $45,000 to complete. But that standard is changing. In late 2004, the American Association of Colleges of Nursing recommended that new nurse practitioners earn a doctorate of nursing practice by 2015, and nursing schools are responding rapidly.
        Thats one aspect of it. Basically, theyre very similar but the models of schooling they follow are different. PA's and NPs have similar priviledges. Both can run their own clinics, write prescriptions, see their own patients etc. They interchangeable with NPs having a little bit more autonomy b/c they dont always have to be double checked by a physician.

NP is my ultimate goal.

Comment

I too have the utmost respect for those in the nursing profession. I think it takes a stay in a hospital, no matter how short to really understand what they go through.

Best of luck on getting your acceptance.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Thanks

I saw a NP today and last week, and my dad was trying to figure out the difference. I don't know why.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

*crosses fingers*

I've taken a ton of online classes, but nothing relating to nursing. My best advice is to not fall behind.

Good luck!!

Comment

Good LUCK. You'll do great, and they'd better approve it!
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                  *Crosses fingers*

FGjdhgyegdgl
                  LMAO!! It took me a moment to get that.

Comment

Amina - go for it, and stop fussing. :P
                    Take some Pepto if you need to, cuz I don't see anything to worry about.

You'll get accepted, kick ass in class, find a cure for stupidity/big illness, and get to shag Hugh Jackman.

Well, scratch that last thought. But I can see you going far!

My DS has been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks - poor feeder - so I've had to deal with nurses like crazy. I'd rather ask a nurse advice on feeding/baby care vs a doctor - the nurses have been IN THE TRENCHES and doing it for years, vs. a person who's got experience but has a big huge degree and incentive to see many many patients (aka not spend time helping me - but No Fratching).

So hugs and good luck.

cutenoob
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
                      You'll get accepted, kick ass in class, find a cure for stupidity/big illness, and get to shag Hugh Jackman.
                      Really?! REALLY? REALLLLLLYYYY!!!!!??

*swoon*

Just what I needed....motivation to study, pass...travel to Australia...find Hugh Jackman, steal him from his wife.....and you know the rest............

Comment

Working...
                      X