Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've officially joined the dark side...

I ordered a Blackberry.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Welcome to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

And once you get used to your BlackBerry, you'll understand why us long-time users affectionately refer to them as "CrackBerries"!

Be prepared to never again use another brand of smart phone, because once you use THE BEST, you forget all about the rest!

And if you ever need help figuring something out, be sure to head over to BlackBerry Forums and ask your question there.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Why is the BlackBerry the dark side? I ask because I am set to pick up my new and very free (upgrade credit is high) BlackBerry Curve later today. It was a choice between that and the Rumor 2 (I currently have the Rumor), and after much deliberation (and finding out that there would be no price change in my plan either way), I went with the BB.

Should I be worried that I shall soon be executing my Imperial henchmen for not performing their duties up to my exacting standards?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

I got it because many of my clients use one so I figured it would be good to know how to get it. With my *ahem* pricing it was only $50 for the 8530, so it's not that bad. I beta tested the 8330 and it was nice, but still wasn't for me.

Jester - which one are you getting?

It's the dar side because I've always said "It's a damn phone!!" and always had, well, PHONES. Very few "smart" phones really peacked my interest (my favorite is still the Samsung i830 - I kept that one from the beta trial, I loved it).
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I am getting the Curve, I believe the 8350 or the 8530...something like that. I normally have a great memory for numbers (not for anything else), but I am not certain on this. I think the 8350 though.

Now, while I wouldn't mind a smart phone in theory, in reality I don't care. My only priority with a phone is that it works as a phone and has an actual keyboard for texting (my Rumor spoiled me, and I can never go back to a phone without a keyboard again), since I am a texting whore. That being said, if Sprint is going to GIVE me this phone, and my plan is not going to go up, damn if I'm not going to take it.

I COULD get one of those touch screen smart phone i-phone type things, but it would cost me $200, even with my upgrade credit, and frankly, I ain't spending that. I don't need that fancy a phone that badly. Hell, I would be happy with another Rumor if that was my only option, but since I CAN upgrade, I certainly WILL.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X