This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play 7th Sea?

If you do, do you have the Vended Vesten book?

I have a PDF, but I'm missing the GMs section, and was hoping someone could provide me with the info in it.

ETA: Or know how and "action to aim" works? I've found it referenced in a number of places, but cannot find the rules.
    Last edited by ArcticChicken; 03-17-2010, 10:51 PM.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

I play, and even have run a short campaign. I'm not sure if I have the Vendel book though. I'm thinking not, but I'll look.

As far as "Action to aim" goes, I think aiming is covered in the main books, if that's what you're refering to. Worse case, make something up that makes sense to you.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      As far as "Action to aim" goes, I think aiming is covered in the main books, if that's what you're refering to. Worse case, make something up that makes sense to you.
      Do you know where? 'Cause I can't find it.

This is specifically in reference to crossbows. We were confused because they're listed as 2k3, and how can you keep more dice than you roll. I checked the errata and it says:
      Quoth 7th Sea Errata
      *Q: A Crossbow is a 2k3 weapon. How can that be?
      > *You only Keep the dice you roll. So, under normal circumstances, a crossbow is a 2k2 weapon because you're only rolling 2 dice. However, if you take an Action to aim (Raise), you increase the number of dice you're rolling to 3, which means you Keep 3.
      But I can't find aiming anywhere.

We decided you could spend one action aiming a ranged weapon to add one unkept die of damage, but you couldn't add more than one and you lost it if you were interrupted.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        We decided you could spend one action aiming a ranged weapon to add one unkept die of damage, but you couldn't add more than one and you lost it if you were interrupted.
        I indeed don't have the Vesten book, but some quick googleing seems to agree with how you're handling it. The places I looked added that you could add up to 3 unkept damage dice--for three actions spent, of course--and you had to declare what you were aiming at. If you shoot at something else, or lose line of sight on the target for a certain time, the aiming benefit is lost.

Good call.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X