This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else watching Caprica?

I just happened to catch episode 4 or 5 and was instantly hooked. Luckily SyFy played a marathon of all the episodes from the Pilot to the newest one last week, so we have them DVR'd. I'd have watched them all by now, if I wasn't waiting for DH to watch them, too.

Anyway, I never saw any of the Battlestar Galacticas (original or recent), but I'm really enjoying Caprica so far.

Just wondering if anyone else is watching?
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

If you watched most of the SyFy version of BSG then things will make some sense. Gary Larson is the Consulting Producer for the SyFy shows (he was the Exec Producer and driver of the original along with the Buck Rogers show near the same time (YUM for Erin Grey in a body suit)

If you watched the orginal campy BSG from the late 70's, NOTHING will make sense. SyFy gritted BSG up with more adult themes (and neat swear words) a somewhat better backstory and a really good "we did this to ourselves" twist which seems to be playing out/unfolding in the prequel Caprica which takes place 18 years before the initial Cylon "revolt" and 58 years before the initial BSG storyline.

I can see where the story is going and how the story might unfold later in the 2d season and however long it will run for the story arc to fold into BSG
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm watching it, and so far I've liked the way the plot is headed. Seeing the SciFi version of the evolution of the Cylons is proving to be very interesting.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I like it. It is science fiction drama without the neccesity for technobabble, or whiz-bang action. It is very well put together and played.

That said, it doesn't seem to have any real momentum. Things are unfolding slowly. And non of the characters are particularly sympathetic.

I will definitely keep watching.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Well being a fan of the RDM version of BSG, of course I'm watching it.

It's really good so far, though I wasn't hooked until that Tamara episode. Man that was crazy awesome.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
            I like it. It is science fiction drama without the neccesity for technobabble, or whiz-bang action. It is very well put together and played.

If the storyline goes the way I think IT will, the whiz=bang stuff will come most likely in season 2 maybe 3. If Zoe and Tamara somehow get together and combine coding (get your minds outta the gutter) and the STO uses that to prefect Resurection *****POOF***** The Cylon War begins. they showed some really quick shots of season 2 (starts in July I think) of some robot action (maybe Zoebot escaping and shooting things up). then the subsiquent robot brains created by the simple variation Zoe thought up will want to be human and thus begins the 40 years between the war and BSG

Most of season 1 seems to be background and setup with a decent storyline
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh wow I thought they canceled that series. When is it on? Or is there any episodes online. I wanna seeeee

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                Oh wow I thought they canceled that series. When is it on? Or is there any episodes online. I wanna seeeee
                Assuming you live in the US it's on Friday nights on SyFy (Formerly known as Sci Fi). It's also on iTunes. Don't know about anywhere else online. You can check Hulu and Syfy.com if you want. We're about 8 episodes in I believe, and so far so good.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

That said, it doesn't seem to have any real momentum. Things are unfolding slowly. And non of the characters are particularly sympathetic.

I will definitely keep watching.

Being a big fan of the new BSG, I've been watching Caprica and giving it a chance. I enjoy it, but I'm not hooked. I agree with your thoughts that it seems to lack momentum, althought the past few episodes have been quite a bit more interesting. The introduction of the virtual New Cap City and the "game" that is played there is probably the most interesting aspect of the show to me right now. I'm interested to see how they bring that more into the story later or if it's just a means of "housing" Tamara and then will fade out.

I'm not sold entirely on it yet, but it's decent scifi and there isn't much of that around currently.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    It's really good so far, though I wasn't hooked until that Tamara episode. Man that was crazy awesome.
                    Hehe, "I am alive!" sent shivers down my spine.

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
                    You can catch the past 9 episodes (as of last week) on syfy.com

Eric the Grey
                    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                    X