Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm contemplating a sign that says "Night shift worker with a gun".....it'd be pretty hard to ignore that one.

Wonder how long before I'd have to take that sign down.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Its pretty easy to stop them. Especially religious ones.

Just show up at the door with no pants or no shirt on and listen really intently to every word they say and keep asking them questions if they try to excuse themselves. If you feel particularly cruel, take your shirt off and grab some suntan lotion or something and absently lotion up your chest really slowly while they talk.

They won't come back after a round or two of that. Trust me. -.-

Comment

Well, I might try again to convince my parents to get a peephole. My mom says we don't need one because we've got a small window next to the door. I have 2 problems with this window though. 1) It's really faceted so all you can tell is that someone's there, not who it is; and 2) The person on the other side can also tell that there's someone (me) standing at the door.

As for the religious folk, well, we belong to that church so it's even harder to get rid of them and rude to ignore them.

I can't just not answer the door because sometimes its the postman or the UPS guy (my dad orders a lot of stuff online), other times it's someone from church bringing something to one of us and I feel bad later when they come back 'cause then I've made them make 2 trips to our house.

Most of the people coming seem to be from window replacement companies. It doesn't seem to be the same one though--there's like, 3 or 4 of them. I usually can get them to go away fairly quickly simply by telling them that I'm not the homeowner (which is true), that I don't know when/how they can get hold of the homeowners (since technically I don't know "to the minute" when my parents will get home , I just don't tell them that), and just generally play dumb. I'm just frustrated at the sheer number of them.
        My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I'm contemplating a sign that says "Night shift worker with a gun".....it'd be pretty hard to ignore that one.

Wonder how long before I'd have to take that sign down.
          A friend of mine simply has a sign of a gun, and the words "We don't dial 911" on it.

Believe me, he wouldn't. . .

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            Exactly. Their right to free speech ends at my front door.
            If I get that line, I should tell people that as soon as they're on my property...they're in the little-known paradise called "Protoria" which happens to be a dictatorship
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              A friend of mine simply has a sign of a gun, and the words "We don't dial 911" on it.

Believe me, he wouldn't. . .

Eric the Grey
              Reminds me of an episode of American Pickers. They got a lead for a man that had several buildings on his property filled with old stuff, but the fence in front of his property was covered with signs that said "STAY AWAY" in several forms, most of it not printable here. He had that "I don't dial 911" on his front door.
              Testing
              "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I can still recall the sign outside of Taz's home on Taz-mania:

"Solicitors will be eaten."
                "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I have a sign for burglars, I might tape 'Solicitors' over it.

Warning Mr Burglar.
                  If the Dog doesnt
                  eat you alive,
                  your ass is mine.

Whats funnier, is the closest to a dog in my flat is the mischevious tabby my flatmate has.
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Personally, I like the sign that says, "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot repeatedly." Or, you could always muss your hair before answering the door and with a crazed look on your face ask the person if they too would like to know the love of the Church of Cthulhu.....

Comment

I was visiting a friend of mine, when through the frony windows, we saw the door-to-door people coming up his drive - so we each got a pair of boxer shorts, put them on our heads (we were fully clothed), made some strange faces...

we answered the door yelling 'ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER... have a nice day'

and slammed the door shut.

The door to door person walked away laughing.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                        Personally, I like the sign that says, "Trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot repeatedly." Or, you could always muss your hair before answering the door and with a crazed look on your face ask the person if they too would like to know the love of the Church of Cthulhu.....
                        That is brilliant! I should suggest that to my fiance. I think he would love sharing the great word and love of the great Cthulhu.

Comment

Working...
                        X