Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two calls??? (WARNING: Cancer and Feminine stuff)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm awfully sorry to hear this news.

I'm sending prayers and get well soon wishes for you. If you haven't started now, it might not be a bad idea to start pre-planning for your recovery and getting help with not only your post-op needs, but also household needs (laundry, cooking, cleaning still have to be done no matter if the sky falls down.)

I see Cutenoob came up with some good suggestions for getting your "heathens" to help out with you as you recover and regain your strength.

BTW, NSI, is your hubby stateside or has he been deployed? I can't recall what the latest status was on him. If he's still stateside, and will be during your recovery, that will help you and the kids out a bunch.

Again, many for you and the heathens and we're all behind you.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
      I'm awfully sorry to hear this news.

I'm sending prayers and get well soon wishes for you. If you haven't started now, it might not be a bad idea to start pre-planning for your recovery and getting help with not only your post-op needs, but also household needs (laundry, cooking, cleaning still have to be done no matter if the sky falls down.)

I see Cutenoob came up with some good suggestions for getting your "heathens" to help out with you as you recover and regain your strength.

BTW, NSI, is your hubby stateside or has he been deployed? I can't recall what the latest status was on him. If he's still stateside, and will be during your recovery, that will help you and the kids out a bunch.

Again, many for you and the heathens and we're all behind you.
      Thanks, hun.

For post-op I have 5 roommates and my husband to help out. They've already been told that for the first two weeks I'll be doped on pain meds (I'm really bad with pain. Hyper-active nerves.) and unable to do anything but walk to and from the bathroom. They're all set to take over and have actually started doing most of the housework so that I can "rest up" for the surgery. (And so that I can have some alone time to deal with the emotional stuff.)

The older kids (10, 10, 8, 7, 7, and 4) have been told that I'm not going to be able to do anything after the surgery and that they'll have to go to the other adults for help.

The little kids (2, almost 2, and 1) don't understand, but will be redirected to other adults and kept away from my tummy.

Hubby is here until August... and then he'll be in Korea for a year. It's one of the reasons that the surgery is coming up so soon. It has to be done, but if it's done soon enough then he'll be here until the major recovery is done.

I'll be in my downstairs on my couch for at least a week before being able to move to my bed.
      hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
      1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
      2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
      3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Working...
      X