This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Friendly Building My Ass

Just posting since im aggravated at something. The wife and I decided to move into a pet friendly building (as advertised on the buildings website with the words "Pets Allowed") has just informed us a week before moving in that when they say "pets allowed" they mean dogs under 20inches tall. We had just gotten back from looking at a labradoodle that was for sale and absolutely fell in love with it then swung by the managers office to talk about the up front one time fee of payment for a pet.

Now we are waiting to hear from their area manager seeing if we are even allowed to have one since she may be over the 20inch limit when she is grown. We dont want a tiny dog we want something that is a decent size and not a fuzzy football. And since we move in one week then we are stuck in another place where we cant get a dog even though we moved there (a building that is a downgrade) so we could have one. Another year of waiting.

le sigh*
    Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Tell me about it, I went to one place that I fell in love with and filled out all the paperwork, got approved, filled out puppy paperwork and was told "Sorry the manager doesn't like huskies, but if you get rid of them you can start moving in at the begining of the week."

Comment

Here, you can have any pet you like except a pit bull. Landlord doesn't like pit bulls. Though some neighbors have a mix that looks like it is predominately pit.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Fortunately our kitten is adorable, but hell its just a bit of a pissoff.....

I just re looked at the site and in the very bottom corner it says small quiet animals only. I didnt see that before. I dont plan on making a fuss if they say no since its obviously the rules but its very disappointing.
        Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Quoth Department stores *sigh* View Post
          I just re looked at the site and in the very bottom corner it says small quiet animals only. I didnt see that before. I dont plan on making a fuss if they say no since its obviously the rules but its very disappointing.
          So, I guess that leaves... fish?

Comment

when The Boy and i moved into the place we're moving out of, we were gonna get a dog...probably an american bull. but then we found out that we aren't allowed to get a "vicious" breed. which apparently means any type of bull dog, dobermans, huskies, rots, boxers...and some others that i can't remember. which i think is crap cuz i've met some chihuahuas that are meaner than any pitbull.
            If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
            ^_^

Comment

The only danger my friend's Husky poses is if she accidentally scratches you when she's jumping into your lap.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

"Small quiet pets" frankly fails to include almost any kind of dog. They're either at least medium-sized or tend towards yappy. A well-trained Corgi might just be an exception, maybe. The really big dog breeds are usually the quietest, oddly enough.

Comment

Things like that are probably why I never rented an apartment. I didn't like the idea of having to pay extra for the kitties...and then having the rules changed at the whim of the property owners. Screw that.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Residence allows "non-aggressive fish" only - i.e. no bettas I'm assuming.

Comment

I find that somewhat ridiculous. Just because a dog is small does not mean that it's quiet and non-vicious. Hell, most small dogs do nothing but yap yap yap yap all day long and are more vicious than several accused "bully" dogs.

Bear would not be allowed in hardly any apartments, and she's just a big black marshmallow and she hardly ever barks anymore. I can't guarantee she'd never do it, she might if she moved somewhere new or where a lot of people lived and a lot of footsteps would be heard, but she is not a loud dog. But because of her size, nope.

But then again, it's not a good idea to keep larger breeds of dogs in small 1 and 2 bedroom apartments. It's really not fair to them, they need yards and bigger living spaces.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                        The only danger my friend's Husky poses is if she accidentally scratches you when she's jumping into your lap.
                        Mine will lick you to death.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                          Tell me about it, I went to one place that I fell in love with and filled out all the paperwork, got approved, filled out puppy paperwork and was told "Sorry the manager doesn't like huskies, but if you get rid of them you can start moving in at the begining of the week."
                          That's crazy. I've never met a huskey I didn't like. They're on my very short list of dogs I would put up with.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            That's crazy. I've never met a huskey I didn't like. They're on my very short list of dogs I would put up with.
                            I'm not fond of big dogs I don't know, but a neighbor of a man I used to work for had a husky that was one of the nicest dogs I've ever known.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              My landlords when I was boarding had a husky. She was the boss and knew it. If I took the other dog for a walk, the husky would walk into the house and whine at them (you know, talking) until they took her too. But she was still fun. The other dog on the other hand, didn't seem to realise that she wasn't the same size as she was when she was a puppy. (She was, literally, brain-damaged, so it's somewhat understandable).

Comment

Working...
                              X