X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Severen13 View Post
    37 in July.

You little whippersnappers, get off my lawn!!!!
    heh...my brother just turned 37 a couple weeks ago. I was noticing how much gray hair he's gotten at his temples...

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
    When I turned 25 I had a few "I'm old!" moments. It was mostly me realizing that I had grown up, gotten past the college years phase, and was supposed to be a real, productive adult. Before that I just felt like a kid.

I'm all of 26 now.
    When I turned 25 I had just moved to Pennsylvania for a job in Philly. I was living totally on my own for the first time. I should have felt like a real, productive adult. But I was miserable and felt like I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I stuck it out for a year and when my lease ended I moved back home.

That was probably the biggest mistake of my life...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been having "I'm old!" moments lately. I just turned 22 less than a month ago. All the freshmen on campus look so ridiculously young to me. I don't remember the last time I got carded at the liquor store. My sister gets carded more often than me. She's 25. I've had people ask me if I'm a teacher. (Three times this semester already!)
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

XDXD

I'm the youngest person at the front desk of my work. I turned 25 this past December. I get a lot of death glares when I started moaning about old I am. There are times where I do really feel old though.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          Since when did 25 become old? I'm 24, does that mean I'll have to join a retirement home in a few months? 25 is nothing these days.
          Heck, 25 is considered immature and irresponsible by a lot of people. My sister's boss kept telling her how glad our parents must be that she (my sister) wasn't being as stupid as I was and getting married so young. I was 23 and my husband 26.

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
          When I turned 25 I had a few "I'm old!" moments. It was mostly me realizing that I had grown up, gotten past the college years phase, and was supposed to be a real, productive adult. Before that I just felt like a kid.
          I get those all the time. Let's see - my husband's friends have a 9 month old (we'd be pushing for one too, but now it has to wait until I no longer need X-rays). I have friends in the workforce, who have moved to the States. About 80% of our friends have cars... where did all these adults come from?

Comment

I'll be 30 on April 15, hubby has organized a party, he won't tell me a thing about it

I was married young too, I was 21 and hubby was 24, we've been married for 9 years now.
            I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

40 not too long ago. Where did my thirties go?
              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                I've been having "I'm old!" moments lately. I just turned 22 less than a month ago. All the freshmen on campus look so ridiculously young to me
                I remember that feeling. Had it when I was a senior in high school and again when I was a senior in college. Did I look that young??!
                (Probably. Most people probably guess me in my late twenties at this point.)

Comment

I had a teenager tell me I'm old because I'm 39 years old. My kids never say I'm old because that is saved for their father who is lot older than me.

I sometimes wonder where my teenager years went, since I now have two teenage children and one who is getting close. When did my babies grow up so much? It seemed just like yesterday that they still held my hand to cross the street and now my oldest makes jokes about holding my hand so cars will see me, since I'm so much smaller than him. He only thinks he is funny!
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I'm 25, I'll be 26 in June. I don't feel old, but there are times, like when I think about my friend's daughter turning 7 this year, or that the legal drinking age people were born the year I started Kindergarten, or when I can say "I remember, about 15-20 years ago" when I stop for a second and say "whoa" but that's about it.

That and the other day I made a comment about approaching 30, that made me pause.

Oddly, people seem to act like I'm older at times. I've been with the same company for almost 9 years (started 2 weeks before my 17th birthday). Twice in job interviews people ask me why I want to leave since I've been there "so long".

Well sure 9 years is a long time, but then again I'm in my mid 20's, so maybe, just maybe I don't feel like I want to work for this same place for another 40 freaking years!

Comment

Dated a guy once that bemoaned the fact that 25 was 'a quarter of a century' old. lol

I told him that you are officially old when you've lived half your life.... so I'm pushing 40 but I'm still 17 in my head?? I'm not sure where my halfway mark is....so, guess I'm not that old.. whoohoo!
                      Make a list of important things to do today.
                      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        I'm 25, I'll be 26 in June. I don't feel old, but there are times, like when I think about my friend's daughter turning 7 this year, or that the legal drinking age people were born the year I started
                        Holy crap, I was inn 8th grade!

And my cousin's youngest just turned 12. I babysat for them since his sister was 2 months old. She'll be 15 this fall.

Comment

I turn 36 this year. Sometimes I feel old when I realize that my oldest niece is almost 18. Overall though, the 30s have been fun. While I can't say the last 5 or so years have been especially easy, the hard times have been easier to deal with than when I was in my 20s. If that makes any sense.
                          Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Since when did 25 become old? I'm 24, does that mean I'll have to join a retirement home in a few months? 25 is nothing these days.
                            Actually, turning 25 was the only time getting older bothered me. For the first time, that's when i started to feel like an adult and responsible for my own actions.
                            Turning 30was great, as was turning 40. Looking forward to turning 50 this year. :-)
                            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I started to feel old when I could recall events in my life in terms of decades - I graduated highschool 18 years ago, college 14 years ago, 20 years ago I was a sophomore in highschool...

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                              Holy crap, I was inn 8th grade!

And my cousin's youngest just turned 12. I babysat for them since his sister was 2 months old. She'll be 15 this fall.
                              I remember a cousin "debuting" at an Xmas reunion in 1983. She'll be 27 this year.

Some of my former coworkers were between 18 and 22. At the time I thought "I was in junior high or a HS freshman when they were born or in diapers..."
                              Last edited by crazylegs; 03-31-2010, 08:56 AM.
                              Testing
                              "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I'm turning 30 in September. I'll be gumming creamed corn and jello and falling asleep right beside you.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X