This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new favorite series

OK, y'all seriously need to check out the BBC series Jekyll (it's on netflix instant and DVD). It is such an amazing series that was real ballsy. Had it been done any other way it would have sucked royally...
    It is a modern retelling of Jekyll and Hyde focused on the last living descendant of Hyde. With a conspiracy theory about the real cause of Hyde and a touch of sci-fi... it should have sucked like every other remake, but they pulled it off amazingly.
    The characters are witty and unique, the acting is superb, and the story compelling... y'all really should check it out

By the way, it is pronounced Gee-Kole NOT Jack-Ole...
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

i watched it a few months ago. freakin' awesome! i dunno about yours, but the last episode was on DVD only. lol still haven't gotten around to ordering it...
    but you're right...they did it really well. like i dig the way they did the transformation between jekyll and hyde. it's so subtle, but really obvious at the same time. awesome show.
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

It was written by Steven Moffat, the new producer for Doctor Who (and writer of quite a few episodes).

"Are you my mummy?"
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I really liked it.

Is this a bad time to mention that apparently, the show hasn't been picked up for a second season?

I check every so often at my usual download spots for it, but so far, no luck.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          It was written by Steven Moffat, the new producer for Doctor Who (and writer of quite a few episodes).
          A Doctor Who connection, that would make sense.
          Though, I must say, it's Nesbit who pulls off the show.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I love that show! It's fun to rewatch even if they don't make more and I love some of the lines. I especially liked the woman's explination of what love was.
            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
            X