Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to the desert, gonna kill me lots of people....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the desert, gonna kill me lots of people....

Everyone sing! (To the tune off "Going to the country, gonna eat me lots of peaches"...)

"Going to the desert, gonna kill me lots of people!
    Going to the desert, gonna kill me lots of people!"

So I'm talking to my best friend Neets back in Arizona today, and she's telling me about the impending high school graduation of Bug, her eldest daughter. We've talked about Bug here before, folks...she of the brain surgery a while back.

It seems a whole shitload of people are taking advantage of Neets' good nature. These people include, but are not limited to: Bug, Bug's father, Bug's father's family, Bug's father's ex-wife, Bug's father's ex-wife's family, Neets' family, and probably a few of Neets' coworkers as well, but for reasons unrelated to the graduation...they are just lazy shits. And besides, with the coworkers, Neets has enough authority at her job to be able to basically order her lazy coworkers to make up for what they had left for Neets to do previously.

No, it's the families that have me up in arms. Seems that Neets is doing all this work, spending all this money, to accommodate all these people, and what are they doing? Are they thanking her? Offering to help her with the work? Pitching in some money of their own? No. They are bitching that it's not enough, that this isn't right, that that wasn't enough, etc., etc., etfuckingcetera.

Now mind you , Neets was not complaining to me about this. She was just relating the tale somewhat bemusedly, but I was neither be-mused nor a-mused. The more she said, the madder I got. I told her point blank it might be better for her NOT to invite me to the graduation, because if I see any of this in person, I am absolutely, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed to GO OFF on the offending party. And frankly I don't care who it is, or who they think they are, or what they think of me. This shit needs to STOP. Neets is too nice to say anything, for the most part, and a lot of time rationalizes stuff by saying, "Well, I only did this," or "It's not as bad as this other thing," and so on and so forth.

Fuck that. And fuck these people. Who the fuck do they think they are? What on god's green earth gives them the right to bitch and moan about and to someone who is being nice enough to do all this shit for them? I am not about to excuse this shit. And frankly, the more I thought about it, the more I got mad at Neets herself, for allowing this all to happen. And then I started getting mad at her husband, Golf Boy, for allowing it to happen as well. And both of these people are great people and among my best friends. But they are allowing themselves to be doormatted, and I don't let anyone do that to my friends....even if it's my friends themselves doing it!

Bug and some of her "entourage" are going to get an earful if they pull any of this shit while I am out in Zona, if I go. And while most people think of me as a fun-loving jokester just out to have a good time, I can be absolutely vicious and uncompromising and downright brutal if provoked.

Call the undertaker. The bodies are going to start piling up.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Right, I have a shovel, some tarp, and an alibi. You'll have to provide weapons though.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
      Right, I have a shovel, some tarp, and an alibi. You'll have to provide weapons though.
      I got swords. Dull ones, and practice katanas. They'll hurt more. My friend got a nice collection of handguns and rifles.

Yeah, look. Sorry that's happening man. Don't be mad at Neets. She can't help her nature.

Her husband on the other hand. And the scum that are taking advantage of her? Yeah. Open targets.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
        You underestimate me. What makes you think I need weapons?

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Don't be mad at Neets. She can't help her nature.
        She's smart enough to know she is allowing herself to be taken advantage, and she has enough of a spine to stand up to people in other situations. No excuses for her. Grrr.

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        Her husband on the other hand. And the scum that are taking advantage of her? Yeah. Open targets.
        Actually, I am least mad at Golf Boy. He is not confrontational, like me. And he respects Neets' wishes. He is actually a great guy, but very reserved and quiet, the complete opposite of me. That being said, I have seen him blow his top when appropriate with various people, he doesn't normally allow people to fuck with his wife in almost any way. He is one person I am glad, as I have seen him in his very rare angry state. He is, in ways, far more dangerous than I am, and I would pity anyone that found themselves the object of his wrath.

Me, I'm a blowhard, and am often spouting off. It doesn't always means a thing. Golf Boy gets mad? Duck. And run. Very, very fast.

The rest of the family? Grrr....

Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm not sure what happened here. Is it just that she's paying for them to come to town for her daughter's graduation? I know my parents would have argued with any of the relatives who said they were paying for their own stay for my wedding, and they probably wouldn't have told anyone to whom they were relating the story that the relatives had offered to pay.

I think that the fact that family is bothering to travel for a graduation shows an incredible amount of closeness.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
            I'm not sure what happened here. Is it just that she's paying for them to come to town for her daughter's graduation? I know my parents would have argued with any of the relatives who said they were paying for their own stay for my wedding, and they probably wouldn't have told anyone to whom they were relating the story that the relatives had offered to pay.

I think that the fact that family is bothering to travel for a graduation shows an incredible amount of closeness.
            That's just it. Ness is paying for them. Paying for their food. Paying for their stuff. But it isn't good enough for the freeloading asshole greedy bastards.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Missed the "bitching that it wasn't enough" part the first time. Thanks Plaidman.

Comment

I suppose I should clarify. No, Neets (not Ness) is not paying for their travel expenses or anything that extravagant. But she is laying coin out of her pocket for stuff that no one else is paying for, helping to arrange everything, and despite the fact that some of these people aren't paying for the stuff, they are still not thanking her, not helping her, not offering to recompensate her, and bitching about stuff she isn't doing beyond what she is doing. I am not going to get into specifics, but I felt that I should clarify this is more hundreds of dollars rather than thousands, and a lot of it is just the principle of the thing, how they are bitching about what isn't being done, but they aren't bothering to step up and help get it done.

Meh.

And none of that even counts for how her daughter Bug walks all over her. THAT is something that is really, really irritating me. And there are other things in that situation, as well. But again, not going to go into the nitty gritty of the specifics. Just annoyed is all.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Not much left to identify if you let the coyotes have the bodies.

And an alibi? I saw you at your bar!
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    And an alibi? I saw you at your bar!
                    To be fair, for me that would be a very believable alibi!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Stay the hell away from me and my new mexican horde of zombie bashers!

..... on the other hand, my horde may be of some.... service....
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                        Stay the hell away from me and my new mexican horde of zombie bashers!
                        Didn't you learn anything when you watched Serenity?? (Yeah, they weren't Mexican but that is besides the point).

..... on the other hand, my horde may be of some.... service....
                        Oh, maybe you did?
                        Quote Dalesys:
                        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I can provide an alibi, two bodice daggars and...hmmmmmm...I know of a cat that likes the taste of human flesh.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Draggar, I adore you. You make me look more and more badass.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
                            X