This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Engine

My car broke down this morning. Just got word...the engine locked up and needs to be replaced. Luckily we just got my bike working but I haven't ridden it in over a year and I'm not sure if it needs any work done on it or not. Plus it's hard to ride it on days when my knee is being weird. They couldn't say for sure but they said the lowest number cost wise would be about 4700 plus tax. I think I still owe somewhere in the 12 thousand range possibly so it's not like it's nearly paid off. I have to talk to my parents about this which sucks because I had been avoiding talking to my mom recently. I wish I didn't still owe as much on my car or I'd jump at the chance to get something new. This has been a long day.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Did you get any warning of the impending failure? High temperature or low oil reading, idiot-light coming on, anything?

If not, and since you're still paying for it, surely there's some kind of warranty you can rely on.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      If not, and since you're still paying for it, surely there's some kind of warranty you can rely on.
      heck check with your insurance company-worth a shot-my husband's was willing to pay for a new wiring harness(over $3000) when a chipmunk chewed through a spark plug wire*-nissan sentra's do not have spark plug wires that are replaceable-they are part of the wiring harness.....

*the agent said when I called to ask "oh you have comprehensive/full coverage-we'll cover that minus the deductible"
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I'd definitely check out what the warranty or insurance will cover.

I know that most car loans require a certain amount of insurance coverage partly so that people won't just default when things go wrong and will instead get it fixed.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X