Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just left Aldi's. It was on my way home so I thought I'd try it. I didn't find anything on my list but found several staples for 30 cents cheaper than I'd find at the grocery store. I think it's worth going in for a couple of items if it's on my way home. But Woodman's is the best for price & selection, hands down. They have a massive natural foods section and more Quorn products than anyone else. But if we had a Whole Foods close, I'd cheat on Woodman's.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

We shop between 3 stores - Aldi, Coles and a local produce store. We go to Aldi because the meat is good quailty (organic chicken for the same price as standard coles chicken) and the nappies are awesome!
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I love Aldi's! I can get most of my food there for cheaper than Walmart and it's the same quality and usually yummier. Mmmm Mama Cozzi pizza! When I am at school, I usually go shopping at Wally World or Aldi or Dollar Tree (usually for snacks). When I am at home, either Wally World or Woodman's.

I prefer to get my fruit at Wally World though because it is cheaper per pound there.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Note: In Ireland Aldi and Lidl are interchangeable. They are both the same format, the same idea, and mostly the same product lines.

Depending on what you are looking for they can be brilliant. The fruit & veg are perfectly fine, and are always at a good price. Pre packaged meats and cheeses can be quite good (they do a lovely sliced smoked cheese) and their weekly specials can be very hit or miss (at one point my local Lidl was doing weekly specials on an outboard engine for a boat, a kayak and a wetsuit - for some strange reason)

In fact, an Irish comedian once commented that it is only in Lidl that you can go in to buy ham and cheese and come out with a chainsaw and a pair of boots.

As for doing a weekly shop this is questionable. I find it usually requires a stop elsewhere, but it is mostly doable.

C.
          Nothing in this world will ever be truly idiot-proof as long as they keep making more effective idiots... -EricKei

Comment

Working...
          X