This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-worker Pranked

So, yesterday was April 1st, commonly known as April Fools' Day.

A group of my fellow workers decided, en mass, to prank one of their fellows.

They arranged to have one of the wheels removed from her car and placed under her desk. With a bow on it.

I thought the bow was a nice touch.

She was initially pissed. I'm not sure how she feels about it today.

I'm amused as hell, however.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

classic!

I remeber a group of students at university pranked a cool professor - took all the wheels off his car (put it up on stumps) , dressed the wheels as a family (daddy, mummy, and the 2.1 average family little wheels) in their respective seats.

Wen the professor came out he collapsed laughing - he figured something was up, but this, in his words, made his year!

Thankfully the students had planned it with the professor's wife, the security guards, their bosses. Most of all thankfully this professor was so laid back he was virtually upside down

Comment

I've never thought up something clever enough to be funny, but not mean/dangerous/etc so I've never really done any April fools pranks.

Last year, the guy who DM's our current AD&D campaign started putting out word that he was moving and had to be out of the apartment on the first and desired help in the way of trucks and people to haul stuff.

He left a note on his door and went out for the day. The note said "Look at the calendar."

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

CuteOverload.com had a ton of prank posts up. And at the top of the page there are thumbnails of recent posts with captions underneath, and they were all replaced by pics of Rick Astley, with a line from the song under each one. Clicking on them got you to "hidden cute" (one was a bunny, I forget the other two) except for the last one that was a video with the "loser" music from The Price is Right. The logo was also changed to "Nuff Overload" (a "nuffer" is someone who complains that a post is "not cute enough").

No one at work did anything (thank goodness). My brother did a little prank on my mom today, but that was for Easter, not April 1 (see "My brother is evil" in Off Topic).
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I just did a false rejection form for a flux capacitor.

Comment

My coworker came in and told another coworker that she had given her notice and was moving to Montana. It would just be her and the kids, no hubby. Apparently, the gossip flew all around the office, and several people got upset that they weren't the first to know. When I was advised to go talk to this coworker, I was just okay, whatever... been nice knowing ya... she then said, it was an April Fool joke. Just wanted to know how fast the office gossip got around. Pretty darn quick apparently.

All I did was tell a coworker that he dropped his pocket. Had him bumfuzzled. Old people... they don't fool easy, I guess.
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              I've never thought up something clever enough to be funny, but not mean/dangerous/etc so I've never really done any April fools pranks.
              I am notorious among my friends for pulling stunts on April Fool's Day, some of them rather "vicious," you could say. Not mean, but definitely more than the loose salt shaker lid variety.

I am sure several of my friends this year were bracing for the worst....and were confused when I did exactly nothing to anyone. It's not that I'm pulling a reverse psychology prank on them or anything.

It's just that I am in the middle of pulling off the biggest practical joke on a friend in my merry prankster career. It transcends April 1st, it is more elaborate and thought out than anything I have ever done before, and it just so happens to serve as revenge on a good friend's occasional inconsiderate behavior.

By sometime next week or so, I will take my rightful place as King of the Practical Joke. At least among my friends.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
              X