This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dresden Fans? (may be spoilers)

I just picked up Changes by Jim Butcher. Anyone else read it or any of the series?
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

I've read most of the books in that series, and do like them......only complaint I have is that the main character using "hell's bells" as a catchphrase gets old after awhile.

Comment

Bought Changes last Tuesday.... consumed it in two nights of reading, and was useless at work the the next day both times....

Yeah, March 30th... but no way was I going to complain to the store that they put it on the shelves early!

I don't know where Jim is talking Harry... but I get the feeling Harry would probably prefer to have Peter Parker's lot in life....
      There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Arrived via mail yesterday. Read it last night.

Aargh! Need the next stuff to come out immediately! *sob*

*composes self*

That first line is really a grabber, isn't it?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I finished it today. 8 more books. I wish this one had been a little longer, but with everything that has happened, I don't know if I could handle it.

Comment

Haven't picked it up yet, I'm short cash so I need to swing by the library.

Haven't picked up First Lord's Furey yet, either, 'cause my local branch doesn't have it. Luckily I have an excuse to be downtown the next few days so I can probably get them from the main branch.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              I finished it today. 8 more books. I wish this one had been a little longer, but with everything that has happened, I don't know if I could handle it.
              It may not have been as long as some books, but it sure was intense.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm working on buying the series, and my library doesn't have it yet...so no But soon I hope!
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Amazon is my friend.

Ordered it on the 4th, arrived on the 6th cost less than half the cover price.

Now I'm waiting (very impatiently) for Nekojin to finish it (he's 7/8 through) so I can talk to him about it).

^-.-^

Comment

I'm thinking I need an eBook reader. Then I can get all the books....eventually :P

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                      I'm thinking I need an eBook reader. Then I can get all the books....eventually :P
                      and that is why I am buying a nook for my birthday. The books, they are winning. I have only read the first book in the series and it was very good. need to get the second one.

So the whole series is good?
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                        and that is why I am buying a nook for my birthday. The books, they are winning. I have only read the first book in the series and it was very good. need to get the second one.

Is a frog's butt watertight?

Oh, yeah. They're all good

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                          Is a frog's butt watertight?

Oh, yeah. They're all good
                          Right then. Those are getting added to the wish list. And Nurian that is really funny, I needed a laugh today
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                            Right then. Those are getting added to the wish list. And Nurian that is really funny, I needed a laugh today
                            Happy to help

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                              Not only are they all good, but they get better as they go.

Oh, and the Codex Alera is only 6 books and complete, so you'll want to get that series, too. I just loaned the last of them to my mother and aunt last month.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X