Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, running in front of cars is a good idea!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, running in front of cars is a good idea!

This could have been REALLY bad.

I went by my parent's place for dinner. On the sidestreet leading up to their street, there exists a large park.

I always try to drive slow by the park, because I know there's lots of kids there. Well today I saw a small kid (MAYBE 5 yrs old) dart between parked cars, but not emerge from the other side. So I had my guard up, and was driving very slow (5 mph, maybe 10 mph, basically just slightly above idling in 1st gear).

Sure as shit, as soon as I started to pass those parked cars, a kid ran out from between them in front of me.

My car does not have antilock brakes, being a base model, late 90s Honda Accord. But the brakes do work damn well. I stomped on both the clutch and brake at the same time and barely got an EEK out of the tires, and nearly got whiplash. My car stops on a friggin dime, I take damn good care of it.

Mom FREAKED. Full on screaming in the air, then she turned around and saw that Sonny hadn't died yet, and Sonny was giggling while walking in front of a car that had tire tracks behind it with a slightly annoyed, but yet relieved driver waving at her.

I beeped my horn, she half heartedly waved, I waved back, then I saw her start screaming her lungs out at Sonny.

Sonny deserved it, though to be honest, now I wish I'd stopped to make sure Mom was okay. She looked REALLY freaked out! Sonny was fine, even though I was within a couple of inches of him getting a new face.
Working...
X