This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need cuticle help

My skin has always been prone to dryness, but for some reason, since I started the remodel/stock/setup job, my cuticles have been peeling and cracking all over the place. I do not bite my nails or cuticles. But they get so irritated and sensitive, that the least little thing irritates them, and yesterday I nicked one just opening a carton of candy for the register and bled for about ten minutes after.

I never really had this issue when I was working as a cashier, but it's definitely gotten out of control with this position and I've only been on the job for a week. Not that I'm complaining, I like being on the floor SO so so much better than being stuck on cash. I just need to stop my fingers cracking and bleeding
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Mine do that a lot, specially in the winter. To save some of it off I've been using whats known as "Crack Cream" It's helped a lot.

Comment

Boxes are dry. Very dry. They suck the moisture out of your cuticles and make them prone to cracking.

The best thing to do is get some cuticle cream, use it regularly, and don't over-wash your hands. Soap will dry them out, although just water is ok if you dry them thoroughly afterward.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Get some Lemony Flutter cuticle cream from Lush. The stuff is like citrus-scented spackle, but it does a REALLY fantastic job.
        "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I swear by Essie cuticle oil--the kind in the pen, not in the jar because I'm a messy person. Any thick (vasoline thick) hand cream will work too, but they don't come in handy little pen thingys!

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...oryId=cat80070

Comment

Vaseline is a good idea. Thick hand cream throughout the day. My hands get dry to the bone in winter, or when I work a lot in food, so I feel hour pain. Oh, another help: keep salt scrub by the sink to get off all the peeling skin (or most of it) at end of day. I just pour table salt in the bowl and douse with my favorite oil.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I echo the vaseline, but at night, wrap your hands in plastic wrap or put on cotton gloves. Wash or soak with very little cleanser and moisturize with good lotion, then slather on the vaseline and cover. I do this to my feet too.
              Make a list of important things to do today.
              At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
              Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I use coconut oil. Its very close to your body's natural oil, and its an awesome moisturizer. I use it all over my body/face.
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Oh, yeah....coconut oil. I made a batch of the best lip balm ever with coconut oil.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My cuticles crack and bleed and peel very badly, especially in the winter. The Badger cuticle ointment stuff is wonderful as is Burt's Bees cuticle balm. If they get really bad, I'll put Neosporin on them and cover w/ a bandaid before going to sleep. Some nights almost all of my fingers are thusly dressed, but it really helps.
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                    X