Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMHO, I think your Mom way overreacted. Sometimes a dog is going to go at the wrong place. Also the woman did pick it up. not a lot of people do that.

I understand if your Mom doesn't want dogs using the bathroom in her yard. Thats her right and I respect that. However, I think she could have just told the neighbor nicely. She could have said: Excuse me, I would really appreciate if you would try not to let your dog poop in my yard. Thank you.

Instead it sounds like your Mom just went out there blazing with the accusatory. Why did you let your dog shit in my yard.
    Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

I have been the offender One moment of inattention while out walking DutifulDog and there he is (on leash) wandering up someone's lawn. I go after him and am leading him off the lawn when the door opens and Irate Homeowner bursts out shouting. I know I am in the wrong: I'm on his lawn. But damn, I am clearly in retreat mode. My back is to him. Irate Homeowner has been watching from his window, which means that he also knows the dog didn't do so much as lift a leg and he saw me go after the dog and bring him back to the sidewalk. I never even got a chance to apologize since he never shut up. I was half a block away before the guy stopped yelling.

So now I make a point of never walking past that house, even when I don't have DutifulDog with me. Only I guess it is a small world, since occasionally when I am out and about in the neighbourhood I have seen a guy who gives me the stare of death. I figured he was just having a bad day, or maybe his face just looks like that all the time, so I would smile vaguely in a neighbourly sort of way and just keep going. Only in the past week or so did I realize that it is Irate Homeowner, whose sidewalk I have not darkened in almost a year and he is still looking at me as if he wants me to DIAF.

It hadn't occurred to me that I have probably irritated him twice as much by not recognizing him and giving him the vague smile, instead of cowering. I'm so slow sometimes

And for the record, I always stoop & scoop.

Comment

It's about the timing too. I have rarely had to pick up after my dogs on a walk because I tend to walk them several hours after they've eaten.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Working...
        X