This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kick-Ass Movie (Spoilers).

I can't wait to see it. Especally since it follows the comics. Which means hit girl kills, and kills alot. I thought it would be a kid version, where she just /knocks/ them out. Then I read it was rated R.

Oh my god. I can't wait to I see it!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Oh, yeah. Nekojin & I are going to be catching it in the theaters.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Saw it last week. Harsh language involved. Very good film.

Rapscallion

Comment

Haven't seen it yet. But much was made in the press about the C-word.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I just saw it today, and it delivers as advertised! It does indeed KICK-ASS!

Also, having re-read the graphic novel last night, I went in ready to spot the changes from the comic. There are a few, and I think they make the movie version BETTER than the comic, In My Opinion!

WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!!! IF YOU HAVE NEITHER READ THE GRAPHIC NOVEL, NOR SEEN THE MOVIE, DO NOT CONTINUE PAST THIS POINT!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

To reveal the spoilers, swipe the blank space below with your cursor...

In the movie, KICK-ASS GETS THE GIRL! Whereas the comic's version of Katie Deauxma freaks out when she finds out Dave is A) Kick-Ass and B) not gay, choosing to have her big, black boyfriend beat him up, in the movie, when she finds out, she instead invites him to stay the night with her and becomes his girlfriend! MUCH better resolution to that plot line, IMO! ^_^

Also, the manner of Big Daddy's demise is different in the film. So I didn't get to enjoy seeing Nic Cage get his brains blown out. Darn. :-(

And then there's the added coolness of the jet pack with the gatling guns... ;-)

END OF SPOILERS

All in all, KICK-ASS gets my vote for Best Movie of the Year... So Far. After all, we still have Iron Man 2 and Tron Legacy on their way later in the year.

But again, a warning to all the parents on the board: DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO SEE KICK-ASS! It is ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR CHILDREN! The best way to describe the movie is like this: If Quentin Tarantino made a superhero movie, the result would be something very much like KICK-ASS!
          "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Yeah. I had to really work hard to convience my friends to go. They will go. But they were all
            "No way, why would I want to see kids movie!"

ME: "I swear it will be awesome! There will be massive deaths...."

Them: Bullshit. Kid movie!

ME: *shows scenes from comics*

Them: ... you sure thats going be movie?

ME: It is rated R...

Them: *internet check* ... ok... we'll give it a shot.
            Military Spouse Support.

Comment

*le sigh*

i now live in a town with one theater. it only has 4 screens. luckly, they're showing kick ass.

sadly, i don't go to movies alone. which i am

so...anyone wanna go to arizona to catch a movie?
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

*wants to smack everyone who thinks that comic books and animated features are for kids upside the head with a copy of "Fritz the Cat"*

Gah. Why do so many people do that? Have they never heard of R. Crumm?

Hell, we had Watchment only last year; have they all forgotten so quickly?

Actually, I did find an outstanding review in a somewhat family oriented site that gave it a B rating overall, but made a point to say that it was not for kids and that the author didn't like the idea that it's ok to have a child actor saying lines that if said in front of said child by an adult could get the adult arrested.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  *wants to smack everyone who thinks that comic books and animated features are for kids upside the head with a copy of "Fritz the Cat"*
                  ^-.-^
                  Ahh, in their defense, they never even heard of Marvel's kickass. They were only going by the trailer. So they naturally though it was just a kids version of all the super hero movies that are so common. They are all rabid comic fans, and we've gone to every comicbook version of movies, though they all natuarlly have their favorites, mine being of course Batman, J being Superman fan, and T being more Captain America/Nick Fury fan. (He doesn't like Samual version, but thats because T is in his forties, and never got into Ultimate, only the old fashion kind).

That being said still, I'm by far the biggest comic nerd of the group, with two full wall size shelves filled with comics. (Not to mention uh... /copies/ I have online....)

So by only going by the trailer, I don't blame them. Me, knowing what I know, yeah... I was alittle hoping they didn't dumb it down. Glad they didnt.
                  Military Spouse Support.

Comment

I don't trust trailers.

Most movie trailers are utter and complete crap, although a very few are actually a good representation of the movies they are advertising.

Any time I see something that looks even vaguely interesting, I hit IMDb, Rottentomatoes, and random review sites.

Although, sometimes there's just no gauging whether you'll like a movie. Nekojin & I are both still baffled by how much people seem to rave over The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      Although, sometimes there's just no gauging whether you'll like a movie. Nekojin & I are both still baffled by how much people seem to rave over The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

^-.-^
                      I'll see it when it goes to dvd. That was my favorite book when I was a kid. I read it twice a week for well over a year.
                      Military Spouse Support.

Comment

you know, for a minute there, before I read through the thread, I saw "Kick Ass Movie" and wondered if someone forgot to put the title of the movie in.

Seriously. Boggled my mind, going back and hunting for what the title of the movie might be. Either I'm really tired, or I'm just that dense...

>.>

Comment

So my review. SPOILERS!!!!! SPOILERS!!!!!!

It was Kick Ass. Go watch it.

Don't bring kids that can't handle it. There are some massive deaths in there. There is a scene where a young girl does get pretty brutally beaten, including seeing through her eyes the biopia and starting to black out. You do see a man head explode after being in a giant microwave. Other scenes show people being brutally tortured. One sex scene. (You don't see anything). Some nudity. (Very minor XD ). Tons of swearing.

But it was pretty fucking great movie. But this is coming from your residental comic book / hero movie fan.

It follows the comic very very closely with only a few differences. Some for the better I thought.
                          Military Spouse Support.

Comment

Plaid: That essentially mirrors what a lot of the reviews over at RT are saying.

We'll probably go catch it on Wednesday.

Our local theater is pretty plush, and almost nobody goes in the middle of the week, so we have the place almost to ourselves.

^-.-^

Comment

The local free weekly did a review of it, but they just... picked it apart with rabid enthusiasm. I don't care, I'm still gonna see it tomorrow!
                              My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X