Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many SCAdians do we actually have?

So I'm noticing on other threads in the that there are members of the SCA here other than me. So to prevent more thread jacking (sorry to people I've done it to ) I'm asking here.

Who is in the SCA? What kingdom? What do you do? Not asking for names for obvious reasons. And finally: Are you planning on going to Pennsic this year?

I'll go first. I'm in the East Kingdom, Shire of Anglespur, just south of the Barony of Concordia. I'm a heavy fighter, a spinner, I dabble in calligraphy and I'm a bardic apprentice. And hells yes I am going to Pennsic this year.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Kind of an ex, actually - I started in Calontir, and wound up in the West, via the Marches and Mists, but West doesn't play like Calontir did, and I stopped going.

My lady and I are aware that at some point we'll likely have to move, and it'll most likely be back to Calontir, at which point I'll at least give it a go again.
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I want to join, but don't have time or money right now. But I know RecoveringKinkoid is in it. We're in the Kingdom of Atlantia though. You'd have to ask her what shire she's in.
      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

SCA since 1978, East Kingdom, Barony Beyond the Mountains/Fennbrycg. I go by Margali or Aruvqan depending on which persona I am being =)

I am not doing Pennsic, but our roomie is going. She will be camping down in W10 right on the shore. The household is SPCA.

I don't go because it would require a power chair, and to be honest, I don't walk well enough that getting to the bathrooms and portajohns is problematic so I just don't bother going any longer.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I've been abusing SCA forums lately (making a kirtle and cote, done the shift already), but that's about as close as I come.

Comment

Calontiri since I joined in 1984, no-account countess, former territorial baroness, seamstress, embroiderer, occasional singer, currently residing in Shire of Crescent Moon, tryng to return to Barony of MagMor.

Not going to Pennsic this year, probably not until I get back surgery.

Let me know if you and your lady are coming back, Stormraven. Perhaps we can meet up.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I am not doing Pennsic, but our roomie is going. She will be camping down in W10 right on the shore. The household is SPCA.
              I have to pass them to get to my camp! I'm on E23 or 24 not sure which one this year. The Ragnesfolke/Merkfylen bog camp.

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Want me to bring back pictures? (this offer goes to everybody)
              Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Mmm... SCAdians... Your guys put more of our guys in the hospital than any other source.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Mmm... SCAdians... Your guys put more of our guys in the hospital than any other source.

^-.-^
                  Sorry about that

yup yup totally innocent...

Comment

I'm in Darton (New Zealand, heh) fighting rapier, Germanic. Still haven't picked a name.

Also working on garb so I can get to Canterbury faire next year, dunno what Pennsic is, but maybe one day, I'll make it.
                    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
                      I have to pass them to get to my camp! I'm on E23 or 24 not sure which one this year. The Ragnesfolke/Merkfylen bog camp.

Sorry to hear you can't make it. Want me to bring back pictures? (this offer goes to everybody)
                      nope, I have done Pennsic so many times I am pretty much burnt out =)

And you don't actually pass our camp, it is literally on the lake shore behind several other camps =) Unless of course the cooks list pot luck is there again =)
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Pennsic is a two week event in Slippery Rock Pennsylvania. Held (this year at least) the last week of July though the first week of August. The East and the Mid. go to war against each other. There's fighting and shopping and classes and every SCA based thing you can think of (except horses. No horses).

Because I can here is a youtube clip of the Pennsic 38 field battle:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuJ2qh92BVs&feature=fvsr

Comment

Yeah, Kheldarson is correct. Kingdom of Atlantia, and I am in the Barony of Nottinghill Coill. I'm pretty much a lifer, been in about thirty years.

Might go to Pensic, I dunno. Would like to, but man, it's so far away and it's hard for me now. Going back and forth on it. Household has already started hassling me about it.

Kheldarson, you play any since? :-)

If I DO go, I'll let you all know. Court of Miracles, in what was once W-20 but now is the X block way down in the Swamp. Mine is the green canvas-topped vardo.
                          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 04-20-2010, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                            Calontiri since I joined in 1984, no-account countess, former territorial baroness, seamstress, embroiderer, occasional singer, currently residing in Shire of Crescent Moon, tryng to return to Barony of MagMor.

Not going to Pennsic this year, probably not until I get back surgery.

Let me know if you and your lady are coming back, Stormraven. Perhaps we can meet up.
                            Amusingly enough, I knew a Morgana when I was in Calontir. Mistress Morgana bro Morganwyg, I believe her name was. She was a Skald, and I'd apprenticed with her, but as I was in the USAF, got pulled away.
                            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Now, I vaguely know of Pennsic and SCA through a friend of mine whos been in since childhood, but Ive never actually asked her about it.. ( i know, im a bad friend). I know i can google, but Id prefer if someone here could tell me about it, on a more personal level. Pwetty Pwease?

Comment

Working...
                              X