This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New breakfast idea

Made this last night just on a whim, because the idea sounded good. And it turned out awesome!!!

Bacon Cheddar Oatmeal

Cook several slices of bacon, and crumble them up. Also crumble some cheddar cheese (I used white cheddar). Mix into freshly made oatmeal. Garnish with just a touch of bacon grease (instead of butter). NOM!
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

You should try it with grits and be a 'southerner'. Bacon, grease and cheese is the start of most of the traditional breakfast, along with biscuits and jam/butter/sausage gravy.

I'm not a true southerner... I eat cold cereal... lol.
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Quoth r2cagle View Post
      You should try it with grits and be a 'southerner'. Bacon, grease and cheese is the start of most of the traditional breakfast, along with biscuits and jam/butter/sausage gravy.

I'm not a true southerner... I eat cold cereal... lol.
      Hehe, I guess I fall into the 'not a true southerner' camp too, I can't stand grits, never could. Despite growing up in Texas and Arkansas. But I do like oatmeal, and have been experimenting with different additions to it for a while. Strange as it may sound, alfredo sauce works quite well with oatmeal.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
        Hehe, I guess I fall into the 'not a true southerner' camp too, I can't stand grits, never could. Despite growing up in Texas and Arkansas.
        Grits are more of a Deep South/Low Country dish. I've never had them.

PS. "True Southerners" eat cereal most of the time, too.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I'm a southerner and I can't stand grits either! Gimme my corn on the cob, thank you very much!
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Well gee whiz, what's the point of stereotypes if ya'll refuse to stick to the label???
            Make a list of important things to do today.
            At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
            Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Working...
            X