Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did someone lose a lawsuit or something?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone lose a lawsuit or something?

I find it quite coincidental that Burger King and Subway both start offering a breakfast sandwich that has an egg, sausage, and cheese on an English muffin.

In a nutshell, both are copying McDonald's egg McMuffin.

I'm a little surprised that it took other companies to copy what is probably the most popular breakfast sandwich in fast food.

I wonder if McDonalds claimed exclusive rights on it and finally someone called them on it in a lawsuit?

So, when will Dunkin Donuts start with it - or do you think they won't play the game.

BTW - BK's sandwich - no wonder it's $1. The muffin is like rubber and the sausage is mediocre.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I just think its funny that the BK commercial TELLS US they stole the idea from McD's. Im not a fan of the BK breakfast anyways, but i LOL'd.

Comment

It's new? I thought BK always had a breakfast sandwich. Maybe it's the biscuit and sausage sandwich I'm thinking of.

Comment

Our DD's have had breakfast sandwiches.

Comment

The BK in town is advertising an Irish mint shake, which doesn't sound like a ripoff of Mickey D's at all.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            The BK in town is advertising an Irish mint shake, which doesn't sound like a ripoff of Mickey D's at all.
            LMAO!!

I havent seen/heard of it, but thats hilarious!

Comment

I personally like the egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich on ciabatta from Panera.
              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth Sunsetsky View Post
                It's new? I thought BK always had a breakfast sandwich. Maybe it's the biscuit and sausage sandwich I'm thinking of.
                Yes, BK and Dunkin's always had breakfast sandwiches but they were on a croissant, biscuit, etc.. NEVER on an English Muffin.

Now, BK and Subway are both aggressively promoting one on an English muffin.

A little odd that both start doing it now.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

McDonald's patent on it just ran out. That's why.

Although I will still always prefer the sausage Cuisandwich. Sausage and cheese on a Quiosant. Mmmmmmmm! BK should have put that one on the dollar menu.

Comment

It could be some kind of patent ran out, like with the $1 Value Menu. I'm pretty sure I remember hearing for years Wendy's was the only one with a $1 Value Menu because they had some kind of patent or whatever one it and once it ran out, BK and McD's and everyone jumped on the band wagon.

Comment

I read, years ago (probably in one of the early iterations of Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, so you can take it for what it's worth), that the sausage mac muffin was an unofficial invention by the manager of one particular McD's, and he got slapped down by corporate for deviating from the official menu, despite the facts that 1), it was hugely popular in his store, and 2) he was making more profit on it as a unit than he would have made had he sold the individual components separately.

Shortly thereafter it appeared on the nationwide menus. I never heard if that manager ever got official credit for it.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post

Shortly thereafter it appeared on the nationwide menus. I never heard if that manager ever got official credit for it.
                        You had to even ask? Of course he didn't.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Titi View Post
                          Although I will still always prefer the sausage Cuisandwich. Sausage and cheese on a Quiosant. Mmmmmmmm! BK should have put that one on the dollar menu.
                          Hear! Hear! Normally a very tasty breakfast treat. I never have liked the egg-McMuffin. If I have to eat at McD's, I like the steak bagel. Greasy, but good.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I prefer Jack in the Box's sausage, cheese and egg breakfast biscuit. So big, so tasty, so cheap!
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I prefer the sausage mcmuffin to the egg mcmuffin myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X