X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I touched it...Now I have must it...

Muahahahaha.

Nah, its not perverted. . I went into a B&N today and there, in its glorious display, was a Nook.

I got to play with it. And I loved it! I had seen and played with the Sony E-Reader that they have @ Borders. Also the Kindle, Ive seen (but not played with... ). The nook was awesome. And sooo many cute covers and holders for it.

Doesnt someone here have one? I think it was BSE. It was gorgeous. I like the little color touch screen at the bottom. Sadly, i dont have the $250+ it was and I just got an Ipod touch as an early bday gift (but we were able to get it for just $50 off a friend!!) that i guess i can read books on.

/sigh.

A girl can dream
    Last edited by Amina516; 04-21-2010, 03:48 PM.

I, too, seen and touched one while at my local B&N. Both Mom and I wants one.

I TOUCHED IT.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I have one. I got it for my birthday. I LOVE IT!!! I thought it would be really hard to move from books to the ereader. It is nice, but a really bad thing, to be able to buy books anywhere. I have to set up gift cards so I don't blow the bank account on books

One thing I have noticed is that reading books on it is actually easier on my eyes. I finished a book I had been trying to read for the last 2 years in a matter of days. I have the second of the series that series and a couple of more. What is also cool with this is that there are a ton of free books that you can get with it. So I Alice in Wonderland and a couple of others.

I ended up getting a second case after the fact since I didnt' like having to pull it out of the tight envelope like one I have gotten. I have that is more like a book cover.

I think the Barnes and Noble ereader program will work on the ipod touch, but I am not sure.
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I finally got mine and I love it. Works great, easy to use. I didn't order a cover for it because I heard they were taking forever to get shipped and decided I'd wait until they were available in stores. I get to go today at lunch to see if they are FINALLY in stock. Anyway, since I don't have a cover, I haven't carried it around yet, but still love it.
        TANSTAAFL

Comment

I'm still debating if I should get an ereader or not. Living in Peru, majority of the books are in Spanish. Not that there's anything wrong with tha, but sometimes I just wanna bury myself in the words of a book in english, and I can understand without thinking, and focus more on the picture the author is painting.

Dude!! You TOUCHED it!! That's usually the only thing it takes for me to decide on buying something.
          Sucky Customers- Have the ability to convert non-drinkers into raging alcoholics in one phone call or less.

Comment

I do not have one. I work for B&N though and I just got to play with one last week (Haven't been in a store for a while; last time I was there they didn't have a live one yet.) I might consider it if I could get my employee discount, but for now, no (there are no discounts on it at all). Besides, I like my books.

Quoth Elspeth View Post
            I think the Barnes and Noble ereader program will work on the ipod touch, but I am not sure.
            You can download the ereader app for Mac, PC, Blackberry, or iPhone/Touch/Pod/Pad (here, on the right side of the page). I have it on my computer but I don't have any books other than what came free with it (a dictionary and some classics like Dracula and stuff [IOW, public domain stuff]).
            Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-21-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: bad punctuation bugs me
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I got myself an Astak EZ Reader a few months ago. It's much less expensive than either the Kindle or Nook readers, and works well. No store, it takes standard PDF files and other ebook formats, which are available from many sources including the Gutenberg project.

Comment

The nice thing about the Ipod Touch is you can have the barnes and noble e reader, kindle e reader and I also have stanza on mine for epub and pdf books.

The screen is smaller but I have a bigger selction to choose from as some ebooks are available on one or the other so it's nice.

Especially since B&N seems to be having a sale lately on books that have been on my wishlist for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                X